Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

dani felt like crying, i did.

Luckily no one was in the office, the door was locked and it was lunch hour. I was asked to do this job another week (I took that as a good sign) and I was talking to lawyer about how I need to switch to online classes if I'm going to stay another week. It made me realize he doesn't listen to me bc he didn't realize I was missing class this week. He felt the need to tell me he is still interviewing and i don't have the job. He just doesn't know. I feel like a rebound girlfriend. Sorry for the lj post. I really needed to get that out. I typed this on my bb.
Photobucket

Re: dani felt like crying, i did.

• Options
    Honestly, I'd just quit.  The guy is a loser and a jerk.
  • Options
    I'm sorry! That sucks.  I don't know what else to say, except that I hope it works out.
  • Options
    Don't switch your classes. Tell him you'll work until the end of the week.
  • Options
    If it were me, I would tell him that if he/the company cannot commit to taking me on for this position, then I wouldn't be able to commit to changing my schedule for a temporary position.  I think they would understand this.Sorry you're going through this - it's definitely a sucky situation.
  • Options
    What a beaverwafflemuffin.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Walk out.  Now.  You didn't need the job anyway.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That's the thing, he is nice. I think its bc I don't have actual office experience. I've done everything though. I don't get it. And clearly I'm doing ok if he wants me to stay another week.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I may also be tempted to shred a bunch of stuff.  Or at least re-rearrange it
  • Options
    I'd go into his office right now and tell him you need to know if he's considering you for a full time position before you change your class schedule.If he indicates that he isn't, or he's wishy washy tell him you would like to know what's lacking in your job performance.
  • Options
    I do need the job. I need something fulltime. In the interview I told him I needed 2 weeks to get everything in order, obviously he didn't hear that. And don't worry, I'm not crying anymore. I just started telling nick and I did.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    So basically he's having you work there until he decides your good enough or he finds someone better? I'd quit after this week.My friend had a weird job situation. She got hired and then another girl they wanted ended up being available sooner than she thought. So they basically wanted them to both work for a while and see which one they liked best. My friend was like, "Uh, I have to audition for a job I already have? No thanks."
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I would just talk to him about it. Let him know that you are really interested in the job and ask him how long it will be before he is able to make a decision. You could ask him how many other candidates are in the running and in what stage in the interview process they are which might give you an indication of your chances.
  • Options
    He isn't here, otherwise I would. He's only been here a couple hours each day. I'm hoping I get a call from this other guy soon. He wants a stenographer, then at least I could say I have a better offer.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    If it's not a sure thing, and it is going to inconvenience you even further by staying another week, I'd have serious thoughts about telling him thanks but no thanks, and that he should listen better.  I'm sorry that happened, it just doesn't seem right!
  • Options
    I don't get why he isn't giving you a set probationary period like 90 days or something. This whole stay as long as we need you, but won't give you the courtesy of knowing if this position is stable crap has got to stop.
  • Options
    Sorry Shelly - for some reason, I thought this was something that you were going take on the side.  I was under the impression that this week was a try-out period (before the actual trial).  It's sort of crass for him to say that you don't have the job, but he needs you for another week.  I'm starting to think that your suspicions of him using you as a temp are probably true.
  • Options
    Well I know its going to be at least til the end of the month. He put a notice in the bar newsletter. I brought this on myself. I should have said no to temp work.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Are your intentions to stay in this local legal community? Will it hurt your reputation if you quit? Conversly, could this be a good thing for your resume if you stick it out?
  • Options
    I'm sorry Shelly. I hope that you are able to figure everything out. He sounds like a poop.
  • Options
    You're mostly right, tide. He said it was a week thing, but when he asked for another week, I got my hopes up. What happen was I was interviewed for the position last tues. And thurs. He asked if I wanted a trial week.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh, ok makes a little more sense. Trial week doesn't seem like a great plan IMO, but try not to take it personal. It is just business.
  • Options
    That guy sucks and you hate him anyway. He can shove it. I'd just leave. I'm sorry, ShellyD. :-(
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Maybe its because I've always had office jobs, but really, how much experience do you need for most office jobs? You need to know how to use a computer, answer the phone, be polite, file alphabetically, etc. for receptionist type jobs. If the company wants something specific, they usually train you on it. Well, at least in my experiences. My thoughts exactly. What exactly does he think he is looking for?
  • Options
    Cew, I plan on staying in the community but I'llbe a court reporter. I don't think it will hurt me. He can't say anything bad, he asked for a week and I would have finished it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    If it will interfere with school, I would just finish out my commitment and leave unless he makes an offer before your second week is up. Switching your life around for some indefinite amount of time until he makes up his mind, is not fair to you. He should understand that. I still suggest talking with him, though.
  • Options
    I don't know. I file, I'm polite, I type fast and take dictation. I would like to add that I took a class on just filing.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    This is totally random, but I was looking at your bio (I never get on P&E's board so this is even more random) and I realized that I know your groom.  We're totally distant cousins (everyone in M-town is related somehow or another) and Nick and I were on the Cross Country team together in high school.  I haven't talked to him since high school so it's great to hear that he's doing well, and I hope that your troubles are better soon.  Nick should recognize who I am by my screen name, but if he needs any prompting you can tell him that he also ran cross country with my twin brother. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  :(  It sounds like he's using you honestly.  I wouldn't move around your classes for this guy.  Find something else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards