Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

oh crap (yes, it's WR)

My coordinator set me up with a salon that could do my hair and makeup for my wedding (because if I did my own I'd look like an electrified poodle wearing clown makeup). Only they just realized my wedding is on a Sunday and they're not open on Sundays. Let's get beyond the "WTF" moment there and let me ask- how stressful do you think it's going to be to try to find someone within three weeks? This may not be a big deal at all, I realize. I'm just the kind of person who usually plans everything in advance... the waaaaay advance. So how soon before your weddings did you make your hair/makeup appointments?

Re: oh crap (yes, it's WR)

• Options
    are there any higher-end salons in your local mall? (hey, it happens). malls are usually open sundays.
  • Options
    I booked my hair and makeup about 3 weeks out... for a Saturday in August in a small city that has a gazillion weddings every weekend all summer.Do you have a local board that can help you find someone?
  • Options
    I'll warn you that the Charleston board is pretty slow. 

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • Options
    It's an oot wedding and the board for the location is DEAD. However, I used to live in the town so I'm familiar enough with it to know who I'm going to call. The first place I tried already said "Oh we're closed Nov 1st for rennovations". Now I just need to get out of my cubicle bull pen where everyone can hear everything before I make the other calls. C'mon lunchtime!
  • Options
    Perth has restricted trade.  This means that it took me up until the da before the wedding to find a freelancer who was willing to come to the hotel at 6:30 AM. Even the hairdressers that advertise that they come to you wouldn't do it.  I mean come on, who doesn't want to earn an unreportable days wage before the day even starts?!So, yes, I had plenty of WTF moments.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The salon I went to was closed on Sunday - I had a Sunday wedding. I contacted the head stylist, told her my situation and she opened the store for me. My cousin had the same situation and the stylist just brought her tools and went to the bride's house that morning. Call and ask if they can do either of these things, but you may have to pay more for it.
  • Options
    Charleston, SC?  I just got married there(and I'm from there).  I might be able to help.  I was going to do my own hair and makeup, and then freaked out about it at the last minute...so I had to find someone, and I did in about a week and half.  I post on the chs board, so there are some links there to my pics.  But I actually found someone who advertises on the knot charleston, and she was very good, very reasonably priced, and available!  The company name is Special Events Hair and Make Up, and her name is Kim.  I was totally worried when I booked her a week or so out, b/c I was thinking, 'if she's any good why isn't she already booked?'  But she was awesome.  I don't know if she does Sundays, but it's worth a check!  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think your best bet, is just to start making phone calls.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    It's doable. I just hooked a girl on my local board up with my hair lady about 3 weeks before her wedding when she had a disastrous trial with the person she originally booked. Would any of the stylists at the salon be willing to do it on the side, as a personal job (e.g. you pay them cash, they come to you without opening the shop)?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    thanks niq- I'll check her out! 
  • Options
    nic not niq. I'm smrt.
  • Options
    Follow up- the original place wants to charge me $150 each to bring in a makeup artist and stylist for the Sunday. I can go to my old salon and do trial run, wedding hair, makeup and blow/style for all my bridesmaids for $400 including tip. This is a no brainer. I just hope they have appointments available....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards