Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bridge Tokens/Passes How do I disperse them?

Our ceremony site is on an island and you need to pay toll (both ways) to get to it so I was wondering how I would go about handing them out to mostly the FI's side of the family (some who live farther away, but some who live close by). Do I mail them along with the invitations, mail them separately after I receive their RSVP's?I'm not too sure.
image Married and Junk.

Re: Bridge Tokens/Passes How do I disperse them?

• Options
    Well, can you hand them out individually to those close by, and put them in OOT bags for the OOT guests?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Are you having a rehearsal dinner that these people will be at?
  • Options
    Well, which is more cost effective? Mailing them with the invites makes sense, it would be easier, but would it cost you more to send everyone tokens or would it cost you more to send out another envelope (most postage) and send them to the people that need them.
  • Options
    Can you pre-pay and just have them say "I'm with MissLeahMs' wedding" and have them drive on through?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Can you pre-pay and just have them say "I'm with MissLeahMs' wedding" and have them drive on through? I was going to suggest this.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We probably won't be having OOT bags. And not all of them will be at the rehearsal, I think the out of towners would be there, but then I'd have to buy another set of passes because the RD is usually at the ceremony location right?
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    I think it would be easier to send the tokens with the invitations.  If most people RSVP yes, it will probably be more cost effective as well.
  • Options
    Contact the toll plaza, them maybe able to make up a 'coupon' in which the toll taker can take them and then you only pay for what is used. That way you can send the coupon in with the invites, but no lose any money.  (make sure the coupon is only good for that day)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Your RD doesn't have to be at the ceremony site.

• Options
    the RD is usually at the ceremony location right? Nope, not necessarily.  Actually, most RD's I've been to are at a restaurant.
  • Options
    kiki, I think she meant the actual rehearsal part.

• Options
    Sorry, I did mean the actually rehearsal. But thank you all!I will look into just pre-paying to see if they can just tell the attendant they are with my group. I was just getting a bit worried about it because the tollbooth location right now is just a temp thing so its basically a shack with a cash register inside. Augh, border issues.
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    Mail them after positive RSVP with infor about timelines
  • Options
    Is it an admission charge to a private facility or just a regular old toll? If it's some sort of admission charge, then I would expect the couple to pay. But I would not expect a couple to pay for the toll to get to the site -- that seems like way too much trouble and beyond the norm.
  • Options
    A regular bridge toll like the Newport, RI bridge?   It's $2, hardly anything your guests would expect.   Perhaps if it's $10+ it would be nice but I just think that's going overboard
  • Options
    Is it an admission charge to a private facility or just a regular old toll? If it's some sort of admission charge, then I would expect the couple to pay. But I would not expect a couple to pay for the toll to get to the site -- that seems like way too much trouble and beyond the norm.Its an international bridge. Its kind of hard to explain, there are two bridges on the island, one goes to the US and one goes to Canada so we are never leaving canada but coming from canada you need to pay a toll and then pay another one to get back into Canada. But I'm not going to send everyone a pass, just his aunts and uncles and his mom and two people from our wedding party (who will be riding together anyway). My family doesn't have to pay because we're residents, so thats why its just his family. I just thought it would be nice to do that for them because I'd only really have to pay about $100 max.
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    Will his family be staying somewhere local?  Do his parents/immediate family see them often?  Can FMIL be in charge of handing them out, or something?

• Options
    Its 6.50 both ways.  If I buy a bunch of tickets I would save about .50 per trip. 
    image Married and Junk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards