Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

This doesn't stress me out AT ALL.

I just called to order my cake, and the woman said I don't need to order it until about 12 hours before I need it. WTF? I told her it's a holiday, and wouldn't she want me to call at least a few days ahead, not hours, and she was like, "Eh. If you want to. But I can tell you it won't be a problem." Ummmmm, ok. I'm just a teensy bit stressed over that. I told her it was a Halloween party cake, and it won't be decorated like a wedding cake, but still. It seems like it would take longer than 12 hours to get 3 5-layer tiers of chocolate chocolate cake done. I guess since they make them for area restaurants, three more won't be a problem? LJ moment over. I just thought that was a little strange. I'm curious what the order time would be if I'd called and asked for the exact same cake, only for a wedding.

Re: This doesn't stress me out AT ALL.

• Options
    Chill the hell out, GOSH.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I was nervous that I only ordered my cake last week.  If that's what she says, I guess it's what she does.  Being a paranoid fool though, I might call again the week before just to double check that she doesn't need more time....
  • Options
    I don't like to leave things hanging, so I'd want a little more reassurance than that.  But, would you want cake that was more than 12 hours old anyway?  They probably make a ton of layers in the morning and decorate as needed, since they supply to restaurants.
  • Options
    I would probably still call and place an order a week out, and confirm a few times that last week. If they say the same thing, just say you'll be too busy 12 hours out and want to cross it off your to-do list.
  • Options
    No cake for you.
  • Options
    Yeah I think that would make me nervous also.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    YOU chill the hell out, fishce! It's my fuckingweddingCAKE!!!!1111111/1!1!1111bob11!!!!1!!1! It's an old school bakery, and I do trust them, but I hate having such a big detail hanging right up to the very last moment. I think I will call her a week out and just order it.
  • Options
    That would worry me too. You should seriously have a friend call and ask for pricing for wedding cakes. I'd be curious to know the difference.
  • Options
    Bec, I assure you that unless your wedding has cake, it is NOT valid. I'm still not married. *Disclaimer: IF I wanted cake, this MIGHT freak me out a LITTLE, too*

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Oh I did that months ago, way back when I was getting married on New Years Eve. The price dropped by about 30% when I called asking for a cake for a huge Halloween party vs. the exact same cake for a wedding. That's when I learned to stop calling it a wedding. The rental company thinks they are delivering a tent and tables and chairs for a big Halloween party, too. Dishonest? yes. Discount? Absofuckinglutely!
  • Options
    Bec: Smart AND pretty. 
  • Options
    Well, your wedding will be a big Halloween party, so I don't think that's dishonest at all.
  • Options
    I love that 'bob' is in your exclamation points.Interpret that as appropriate.
  • Options
    Oh my god, you're a liar? I'm not friends with liars (I'm lying here)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Don't just lie there like a cold fish, get up!!
  • Options
    I like liars.  I think they're hot.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Bec! I'm lying here. HALP!

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Yeah, I think the minister is the only vendor who knows it's a wedding. Well, and the photographer, but she's a friend and is giving us 7.5 hours for a steal. AND she's agreed to split that up between the wedding, reception and the zombie after party. Squeeee! The alcohol, rentals and bakers all think it's a Halloween party. You are right, though. It IS a Halloween party, right after the traditional wedding. :) Fische,
  • Options
    Ooops! posted before I was done. Fische, I hate your guts. Now I'm lying too! We can't help each other up. I guess we lie here and drink. Do you have a straw?
  • Options
    I love you to pieces. That's not a lie.
  • Options
    Bec I wouldn't drink out of the same straw as Fish, she haz the HPV you know.
  • Options
    Unless Fische knows some pretty interesting straw tricks, I think I'll be safe. Just use your MOUTH please fische.
  • Options
    You have NO IDEA where my mouth has been. I haz the love for you, too. (Truth)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    atleast it'll be fresh and not 3-4 days ld when you get it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards