Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

does this seem very "WTF" to anyone else?

So, I'm currently watching "Whose Wedding Is It Anyway" on Style network - pretty sure it's not a brand spankin' new episode since it's 9 in the AM. But anyhoo, this woman has triplets and  is already married (they had a JOP ceremony before they got pregnant) - now not only are they having a full blown wedding with ceremony & reception she's having a bachelorette party, because according to her she "missed out on all that" - does that not seem weird to anyone but me?  Perhaps I'm just being extra biitchy this morning, but I kinda want to slap this woman. I need to stop watching wedding shows, they make me angry, ashamed or envious. 

Re: does this seem very "WTF" to anyone else?

• Options
    [i]does that not seem weird to anyone but me? [/i] This doesn't make sense because it DOES seem weird and I'm assuming that it seems weird to you. Or it should because it's totally weird. Sorry, I'm channeling P2 this morning apparently.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    take out the "not" in the sentence. there all better
  • Options
    I don't really give two shiits if someone wants to have a vow renewal that's the size and scale of a wedding, but I think it's ridiculous that she's having a bachelorette party. She's kinda missed the boat for that one.
  • Options
    Seriously...because she's not exactly a bachelorette anymore.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Did she take the kids to the b party?
  • Options
    I wonder if the "groom" is having a bachelor party?
  • Options
    no, didn't appear as though she brought the babies along for the bachelorette party.  Although, strangely enough she left them with the wedding planner while they took pictures at the wedding - I'm sure he was questioning where in his contract it stated his services included "baby watching". 
  • Options
    Bachelorette Party? Seriously?! Well, I think I'll just throw myself a sweet 16 party because I didn't have one 8 years ago. I can do that, right?
  • Options
    ooh that is an idea - sweet sixteens all around!  I also never got that damn pony when I was growing up so I should go get one now. 
  • Options
    I didn't go to the prom . . . can I have one now?  People are just ridiculous.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    A girl on my local got a JOP wedding about 6 years ago when she was 18, has 2 kids, and is having a big "church wedding" next year. Her FI wanted to have a WP, showers, b-parties, all that stuff they "missed out on" the first time.She waffles between calling it a vow renewal and a wedding, like she just can't help herself. She's nice, but it does sort of make me cringe when I see her post questions.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    She's an AW. Once you're married, that's it!
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards