Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Any 10.17 Brides???

Im getting so excited! I've also been nauseous all week worrying about things ad trying to organize everything.Any advice from you married ladies would be wonderful! And good luck to the 10.17 girls!

Re: Any 10.17 Brides???

• Options
    I'm 10.16. Close enough? The butterflies in my tummy are doing Olympic time trials at the moment :)  I'm so excited, I can't wait for it to be here. Everything on your day is going to be fine, I assure you. Your day will be wonderful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Thanks Brooklyn! Good luck! :)
  • Options
    Thanks! How are you sleeping? I can't get past 6:30am, and that's on a really good day. My mom made a comment the other day that our hair appointments are early. Ha! If she only knew I'll be up and waiting around for a 7am appointment.
  • Options
    Look at your to do list and ask yourself what's the worst that will happen if these things don't get done.  Will programs really make or break your ceremony?  Will guests really miss the favors?  Will guests notice if the pomander balls for the pews aren't there?  Once you narrow down the things that MUST be done to make the marriage legal, do those.  If the rest don't get done, so be it.  Favors aren't worth making yourself sick over. The week before the wedding FLEW by.  And try to take a minute to enjoy this time.  The day itself was such a blur, later that night DH and I just looked at each other and said "Oh hey, we're married"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm a 10-17 girl.  I'm not too worried, everything is done :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    That's how I feel Shelly. I was done last week. It's been very nice to just enjoy the excitement of being a bride and about to be married.
  • Options
    I'm 10-18. I'm getting even more excited the closer it gets! I've almost have everything done. We did the music list last night. Yay! 8 more days! And it's my moms b-day today!
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    Im pretty much done too. I just think of little things, and I want everything organized. I also feel like i need to call all my vendors and remind them (Im not going to, I know it thier job).Brooklyn, I have been sleeping in actually, but its because I lay in bed late at night thinking about stuff.The upside is that Ive lost 2 pounds this week!
  • Options
    I'm 10/17 too! Starting to get nervous about pulling it all together... I've never even thrown a birthday party before, let alone a 100-guest wedding.  Thankfully my mom and FMIL have really pitched in to help -- I am truly getting the best in-laws in the world!DF works nights all weekend (plus Weds and Thurs), I work days all week, and my bar admission ceremony is the day before our wedding (which also happens to be DF's birthday) -- so it's going to be a crazy week!I've been obsessively checking Accuweather and Weather.com (we're having an outdoor ceremony in southern IN... hopefully!)  So far I've learned that the 15-day forecast is extremely unreliable, they've only changed it from rain --> sun --> "partly cloudy" about 4 times now... which really does a number on my psyche.  Best of luck to all the other 10/16 - 10/18 brides! Hang in there!
  • Options
    Hey, Southern Indiana 10/17 bride here too.  I have sworn off accuweather at least 4 times now.  I may pick up umbrellas for the heck of it.  I have almost everything done.  Right now I am panicking over time lines.  I really want to call my hair girl and get assurances that she can do what I want to my hair in time,  I am not getting a typical updo. I keep reminding myself I have the FI, officiant, and license, everything else is just bonus. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards