Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Save the Date Wording

I want to include a magnet and a in my save the dates.  I'm not sure how to word it so people know the sticker is to put on their calendar.  Martha Stewart has one that says "We're getting married, label your calendar!"  I feel like that's kind of demanding.  Suggestions?

Re: Save the Date Wording

• Options
    I think you should more faith in the intelligence of your guests. I wouldn't use it even if you told me what to with it, but that's just me. A sticker on my calendar isn't going to make a difference. Most people are going to pull out the calendar and mark it themselves.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Ours said "please save the date for our wedding" because I didn't like it without the please.  I agree, it sounded too demanding.  And then we listed the info below (venue and website).
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Are you using a sticker or a magnet? We used a sticker, which guests could peel off of the card and place on their own calendars. Under the sticker, we had the words: "Affix this sticker to your calendar to save the date!" I don't think it sounds demanding, like do this 'or else'. You're just giving instructions as to what the purpose of the sticker is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Planning Bio - A Total Work in Progress...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards