Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Lunchtime poll

Every time I see that, I think of Heathers.Anyway... Answer as many as you want.1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend.2. What's it like outside for you right now?3. What's your favorite thing about fall?4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP)5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.)6. Favorite WR splurge

Re: Lunchtime poll

• Options
    1. This weekend was my bachelorette/shower weekend. It was pretty awesome. 2. It's overcast and cold out there. I'm  not happy. 3. I like fall colors but that's about it. I am a summer gal. 4. I'd buy FI a kilt. 5. lolcats and The Knot. I'm also a fan of Miss Cellania. 6. A coca cola groom's cake. Yum!
  • Options
    1.  Two of my kids kicked a$$ and made it into the top All Region choir!2.  Dreary and around 60, but it's damp so it feels colder.3.  Sweaters!!4.  Can't PIP at work.  :(  Hmmm...only on 1 thing?  Does a whole wardrobe count as 1 thing?5.  P&E, fo sho.6.  Photography.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend -- Got awesome seats for the Sioux hockey game and went with the husband.2. What's it like outside for you right now? It's fuucking snowing and 30 degrees. Thanks for the reminder.3. What's your favorite thing about fall? football.4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP) -- I'd put it toward a trip. Somewhere warm. 5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.) -- Right now, it's netflix play instantly because I'm addicted to the office. Usually, facebook, Pandora, post secret or addicting games. 6. Favorite WR splurge -- The booze cruise.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend.  See FFIL vent #2 post below.2. What's it like outside for you right now?  Snow, slush, cold, gross.3. What's your favorite thing about fall?  EVERYTHING.  I LOVE fall.  If I had to pick one, I'd say anything related to apples.  Apples, pie, crisp, caramel apples, apple cider, the apple orchard.4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP) [img]http://tinyurl.com/yzrasmu[/img]5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.) www.yousuckatcraigslist.com6. Favorite WR splurg: Don't have one yet

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    1. I picked up my MOH dress for a wedding this weekend and actually felt really good in it!2. Dark and cloudy :(3. We don't really have fall here but I am excited to be able to wear hoodies.  I am such a shlub.4. Plane tickets to see the FILs for Thanksgiving5. This one6. Personal training
  • Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend. Shopping trip to spend our wedding money!2. What's it like outside for you right now? 19 degrees (F). Miserable.3. What's your favorite thing about fall? I don't even know what fall is. We skipped right to winter here. Mmm I'll have to say pumpkin pie, though.4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP) can it be a shopping spree for cute clothes?5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.) fmylife6. Favorite WR splurge - the DJ or the cake
  • Options
    1. Best = TWO whole days off from work! Worst = DH wasn't around for most of it2. Cold and rainy. Ew.3. The leaves.4. Some new winter clothes.5. TK, obviously. Failblog/lolcats/etc also attract my attention6. My invitations were a lot more money than I wanted to pay, but they were pretty and I couldn't resist.[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/9qwjdt.jpg[/IMG]
  • Options
    1. DH and I went out for drinks for our 3-year anniv. :)2. Breezy and very fall-like. I love it!3. The leaves changing colors. That sets the scene for everything else.4. Only one thing? I'd have an easier time spending the 1k on a few things, but I suppose I'd buy a really nice purse.5. The Knot? And Facebook.6. Cake toppers.
  • Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend.I GOT TO SPEND AN EXTRA DAY WITH FI DUE TO HOLIDAY TODAY! OH, AND HAD A WONDERFUL DINNER ON THE RIVERWALK AT OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT.2. What's it like outside for you right now?CHILLY AND RAINY3. What's your favorite thing about fall?HALLOWEEN, THE FAIR, BONFIRES, COOL WEATHER, HAY RIDES, HAUNTED TRAILS/HOUSES -- I COULD GO ON AND ON, I ADORE FALL!4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP)I HONESTLY HAVE NO IDEA, I'LL HAVE TO GET BACK TO YOU ON THAT.5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.)MYSPACE OR FACEBOOK6. Favorite WR splurge NONE YET, BUT PROBABLY MY SHOES!
  • Options
    Oops, sorry my shoes are so huge!

• Options
    1. i went to an east indian anniversary party last night.  holy food and dancing batman!  so much fun.  they throw one hell of a party.  2. cold.  below freezing.3. the fact that it's somewhat nice out still. 4. i would buy new bedding for our spare bedroom and ours or an HDTV, PVR.  or a bunch of decor for the house.  a big mirror for the bedroom a nice painting for the spare room... etc.5. theknot.6. the skis i bought for my H.  or our photographer.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    1. It snowed all day Saturday :( 2. Sunny but cold3. Crunchy leaves, apple cider4. Plane ticket to Paris5. The Knot6. The honeymoon
  • Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend.  I ran a marathon yesterday.  Don't know if that is best or worst!2. What's it like outside for you right now?  Overcast and cold.  It might rain!3. What's your favorite thing about fall?  College Football and tailgates.4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP)  It would be spent on the craps table in Vegas in two weeks.5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.)  Probably P&E.  Nothing else sucks my time.  Maybe a little FB.6. Favorite WR splurge Not married nor engaged so I would have to say nothing.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend. Went to a wedding and FI actually danced the whole time. Normally he's anti-dance, so I was ecstatic.2. What's it like outside for you right now? Cloudy and sad. But no snow yet (sorry fish!)3. What's your favorite thing about fall? The trees turning colors, apple orchard/pumpkin patch, seeing people put out their jack-o-lanterns4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP) Can't PIP at work either, but Alexander McQueen has an awesome industrial leather bag out right now...5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.) Failblog. And TK.6. Favorite WR splurge I'm really excited about our photographer. It's a good chunk of our budget, but I think it'll be well worth it. .
  • Options
    Right now it's chilly and rainy. Fave thing about fall: Leaves changing. I love it when they get that firey reddish orange color. $1000 - I'd buy clothes. Boring, I know.Website - TKWR Splurge - my flowers. 
  • Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend.Best was getting to spend the day doing wedding stuff yesterday with my mom, worst was finding out that my mom is thinking about leaving my dad.2. What's it like outside for you right now?54 degrees, kind of cloudy3. What's your favorite thing about fall?Drinking tea and bringing out all the thick blankets, plus the way the world looks different each day4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP)A photo booth for my wedding5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.)Right now most of my non-homework time is sucked by P&E.6. Favorite WR splurgeWell, I do want that photo booth
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    1.  The festivale of ales was awesome and the people who did show up to our party on Saturday all had a great time.  They all want my buffalo chicken dip recipe now :)2.  Right  now?  i don't know.  It was 33 degrees out when I left this morning, though.  I had to scrape off my car.  I doubt it's much nicer right now.3.  I love all the colors.  New York is a great state to live in this time of year for that.4.  I suck, but I'd throw it into a savings account and put it toward a downpayment on a house.5.  Dontevenreply.com used to be great.  He hasn't updated in a while.  I pass most fo ym time on the knot or playing MSN games.6.  We really didn't splurge on anything.  My favorite aspect, however, was the cookie buffet or the coffee buffet.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    1. Worst thing this weekend-I found out that my most awesome aunt has a really rare form of skin cancer on her leg.  She just had a big spot of basal cell carcinoma removed from her forehead.  I feel awful.2. It's still snowing.  It has been since I brought the dog out at 5:30am.3. Cozy blankets, good food, bonfires, etc.4. There is a real cute pug on Last Hope that I really want.5. I look at them all...postsecret, why the f do you have a kid, bad tattoos: a gallery of regrets, etc, etc.6. The honeymoon. [img]http://tinyurl.com/yjnrjye[/img]
  • Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend. I made my H a birthday dinner. 2. What's it like outside for you right now? Raining, 60 degrees3. What's your favorite thing about fall? Everything. I love Fall. 4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP)Botox 5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.) LOL CATS. 6. Favorite WR splurge Our HM to Italy was money well spent.
  • Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend. Best thing: FI came to visit for my birthday. 2. What's it like outside for you right now? 80ish and sunny. Gotta love Arizona Fall weather. 3. What's your favorite thing about fall? sweaters, turkey day, the cooler weather (usually). 4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP) [IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/2w3rr4z.png[/IMG] and I'd still have about $200 left for something else! 5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.) Texts from Last Night 6. Favorite WR splurge. My dress. 
  • Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend. my husband lost his job2. What's it like outside for you right now? raining3. What's your favorite thing about fall? leaves changing, sooler weather, and apples4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP) 5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.) this one, of course!
  • Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend.  Best thing: I had my first fitting, so I got to prance around in my wedding dress and I love it again.  Plus, FI and I got to have a real date night.2. What's it like outside for you right now? Cloudy and chilly3. What's your favorite thing about fall? Halloween!4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP)  Does a shopping spree count as one thing?5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.)  The knot6. Favorite WR splurge: my dress
  • Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend.Best: DH came home Sunday from his 4 day trip AND I got to see Wicked!Worst: I was sick; and spent most of Saturday sleeping on the couch (not that it was so bad....) - it also friggin' SNOWED Saturday.2. What's it like outside for you right now?COLD. 42, going down to 31 tonight; see above for additional details. Wearing fleece coat and gloves. Oh yeah, and it was raining this morning. This is WINTER for a Southern girl; December and January here are torture for me (and my coworkers are highly amused by it).3. What's your favorite thing about fall?The gorgeous color of the leaves, fireplaces, Halloween, the smell of burning leaves outside.4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP)Probably a new laptop, so we could spend our wedding money on a new BED. If it can't be that, then a purse, but I'd never hear the end of that (and I'm hard on them, so I can't justify that). How about a new flatscreen TV?5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.)Gawd, probably the Bejeweled Blitz part of FB. DH and I are highly amused by people of walmart, though....6. Favorite WR splurgeMy dress? The cake? I'm not sure anything we did was a true "splurge". My mom bought the Cashman photo package - that was the most expensive thing; so that would be a splurge, but I'm thrilled to have the CD/copyright/all the prints/special effects photos/collage that's coming. That was probably the most expensive thing, besides their room (the suite, which is where we had the reception).
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Ohh, sorry for all the boldedness....
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Sorry for the big shoes, but they kind of need to be due to all of the awesomeness.
  • Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend.Was at the Husky game when we overcame a 12-point deficit with like 3:30 left.  Am hoarse today.2. What's it like outside for you right now?Overcast and chilly (aka fall in the PNW).3. What's your favorite thing about fall?Days like yesterday - sunny and crisp.4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP)A DJ for our reception and an open bar while we partied at the restaurant instead of ipod music and beer/wine provided by us back at our inn.5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.)Etsy6. Favorite WR splurgeRenting out the inn for us and our wedding party.  I feel really good about this one.
  • Options
    That is a beautiful saddle, Sara.  I can almost imagine how it feels.  I bet it's buttery soft. 

• Options
    1. Best or worst thing that happened to you this weekend.Patriots win!2. What's it like outside for you right now?cloudy, high 50s3. What's your favorite thing about fall?The Hunt (it's a local thing)4. If I gave you $1000 right now to spend on one totally unnecessary and frivolous item, what would it be? (extra points for PIP)a waterfall attachment the shower in my bathroom5. Favorite time-sucking website of all time (lolcats, people of walmart, etc.)www.fmylife.com6. Favorite WR splurge expensive florist
  • Options
    whew, I thought I broke the knot
  • Options
    1. Best and worst: I went to the football game and we lost. 2. It's chilly and overcast. 3. Halloween. 4. 1972 Kenner Blythe. I could get a nice one for $1K. [img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3468/3383506486_2fdb2023ac.jpg[/img] 5. This one and my blog. 6. It will be the OOT bags.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards