Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Overkill? / Big white sausage?

I just ordered my "underthings" for the wedding. I got a longline strapless bra and high-waist extra firm control briefs. I would put the bra over the high-waist part of the briefs. My logic is, the more help I can get the better.Do you think this is overkill and I'll end up looking like a big white stuffed sausage? (Maybe I'm just really tired, But I totally cracked myself up typing that last sentence)Opinions please. Thanks :)

Re: Overkill? / Big white sausage?

• Options
    heh.  I heart this subject heading. Um... I say try it all on during a fitting, and see what works.  I'd be more concerned about being all sweaty, which would make me grumpy.I too have wondered about wearing spanx w/ longline bra (which isn't quite a long enough line), so I'll be interested to see how you end up arranging things.
  • Options
    Haha...a big white sausage... Hey honey...want some sausage tonight? :) I think it would work well for control purposes but try it on and see if you are comfortable in it, and make sure it doesn't hurt your stomach or make you feel like you can't breathe.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lol sascha. Do you think it would be a turn-on if I offered up my "lady sausage"?Yeah, I'm definitely too tired for logical thought.
  • Options
    Carrie- I was concerned about being too hot, but I figured I would be hot anyway just from nerves, so and extra layer of fat suction couldn't possibly hurt.
  • Options
    I once had white sausage in a German airport. It looked gross and didn't taste much better. Wait, what was the question?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Make sure you're able to sit comfortably.
  • Options
    I think it really depends on the style of dress you have.  I'm plus-sized, and my dress has a lot of detail around the waist that helps to give me shape and hide my tummy.  I am personally just going with a longline bra, no spanx needed thankfully.  :) 
  • Options
    I'm convinced that spanx make me look worse than better...but I would say the one thing to think about is that you might have a hard time going to the bathroom without getting naked.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry first sentence made no sense...too much homework tonight. I tried spanx for the first time the other day and they made me look worse instead of better, is what I meant to say.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wore spanx under my longline bra and didn't have any problems.  The spanx has a large pee-hole, though I didn't end up needing it as I didn't have to go to the bathroom after I got my dress on.
    Photobucket

My food blog:
    www.stringbeansandskinnyjeans.blogspot.com

Started TTC 03/11
    MFI Diagnosis in 02/12
    6 month wait for quarantined DS, 04/12-10/12
    IUI #1 10/25/12, BFP 11/6! Low rising betas, u/s confirmed blighted ovum 11/26. D&C 12/6. And now we wait again...

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35f6e0]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • Options
    I'm wearing a crinoline under the longline bra. Its a pain to get into everything (I am going to require a bit of assistance getting into the dress, lol) ... but once in, I actually CAN move in it and the dress looks way better on me with it ... so I'm going to suck it up.After establishing whether or not it will severely hinder your movement that day, the only thing that really matters is how the dress looks over it.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    i wore a longline and high waisted spanx.I pulled the spanks oooooover the bottom of the longline up to my waist.  This eliminated the line of the longline and any 'spillage'. 
  • Options
    I had a longline bra and high waist spanx.  I wore my spanx on top though, because my dress was charmeuse and showed everything :( and when I tried everything on at the fitting that seemed to smooth everything out the best.  I think it was kind of overkill, and the longline bra ended up being kind of uncomfortable, but I also know that without them I would have been waaaaay more self conscious.  I don't think you will at all look like a big white stuffed sausage :)  Or at least I hope not because that would mean that I did too.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards