Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Rings? I need help!

We are planning an evening wedding. Therefore, we are spending the whole day with wedding party and each other taking pictures, etc. Can we wear our wedding rings for those pictures? Or just my engagement ring? I would really like to wear it, I mean since it's amazing and looks so good with my engagement ring. I don't want our pictures to look funny if Ryan doesn't have his ring on and I don't either! But I don't want it to be less special at the ceremony! Thoughts? Be honest!

Re: Rings? I need help!

• Options
    We had a 6:00 ceremony and did that vast majority of our pictures before.  We did not wear our rings until the ceremony, though, because that would have been weird to me. 
  • Options
    I am having a evening wedding as well, and don't want my FI to see me before I walk down the aisle, but that is my personal preference.  We are taking each sides family photos before the wedding, and all group shots after the wedding.  If you must take pictures before the wedding, just dont have close of shots of your hands, and take a couple of those after the ceremony.
  • Options
    We are having a 5 pm ceremony and also taking all of our pictures beforehand.  We are going to be wearing our rings because you are taking all these pictures to celebrate that you are married, it just makes sense to me.  I mean you can take it off and give it back to who ever after pictures to whip out during the ceremony...
  • Options
    How close up are you planning on having these pictures being that it will be so glaringly obvious you arent wearing a wedding band? No one looks at wedding pictures for the wedding band so Im sure no one but you would ever notice.
  • Options
    I felt weird having the 2 rings on together after they were both sized, making sure they fit well together.  IMO, its something that will be special to wait for him to put it on my finger.
  • Options
    We did pics before but waited on the rings. We took some cool "ring shot" type pictures quickly after the ceremony. My photographer did say, however, that it's very common for couples to wear the rings before the ceremony for their pictures. Do whatever works for you, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer.
  • Options
    Like Gambling Girl said, I think you'll have time for a few closeup shots after the ceremony.  I wouldn't wear my ring before the ceremony (of course, Mr. Penny didn't want to see me beforehand anyway), but that is a personal preference.  If you want to slip them on for a few pics, I don't think it is a big deal.
  • Options
    A group ring picture?  Seriously?
  • Options
    hahaha oh lord, a group ring picture. Ive now heard everything. wow...
  • Options
    I'm doing pictures in a different location before the ceremony. It never occurred to me to want to wear the rings. There will be reception picture with the rings and in 99% of the shots, they won't even be visible.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    >I mean you can take it off and give it back to who ever after pictures to whip out during the ceremony...Depends on how you see this whole issue.If you see it as just jewelry, then you can "take it off" and "whip it out" - whatever.But other people see this differently.  In my case, DH kept the wedding bands and brought them to the ceremony location, then gave them to the officiant.  Then in the ceremony, DH took my ring and put it on my finger, and I took DH's ring and put it on his finger.  Neither of us has had the ring off since our spouse put the ring on the ring finger, because it symbolizes much more than jewelry to us.
  • Options
    Our photographer also said a lot of people will wear the rings in the pre-ceremony pictures. We only have 45 mins of photos after the ceremony, so I will probably have us wear the rings before. I think the rings are important, but at the same time I plan on upgrading the band when this economy turns around. So I am not exactly "attached". I think you can do it either way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards