Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Music question

If I'm using a song for a solo during the wedding ceremony and have to get a four part arrangement and alter it down to one voice, which is easier to modify, SSAA, SATB, TTBB?
my read shelf:
Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale

Re: Music question

• Options
    I would think SSAA would be easiest to modify for a woman, and TTBB for a man.  But I could be wrong about that.
  • Options
    I think it depends. What piece of music are we talking about? I feel like in most situations, SATB would be the easiest to modify, since the melody is generally in the soprano part.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    It is called In Whatever Time We Have.  It is a duet from the musical The Children of Eden.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Sucrets would have the answer to this one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Is the issue that you need to figure out which version to buy? If you can look at them beforehand and you read music, you should be able to figure out where the melody line is. But I still think that SATB is probably the easiest.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    If you're just looking for the melody, it doesn't really matter. I'd go for the SATB, the melody will most likely be in the soprano part. (For the other arrangements, you can probably find the melody in the S1 and T1 parts).
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    My cousin just did this show at her theater.  If you want, you can email me at greg.karen.wedding at gmail.com and I can email her your question and see if she has a copy of the music that I can send you.  BTW, love that song.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    You can buy the song as a solo in the vocal selections from the show.  I have the book.  It gets a little high for a woman, but she can either change octaves at the high part or bring the whole song down a step or two.  Works well for a man.  The vocal selections books are usually about $20.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1.  You can just get the sheet music to the song as a solo.  They sell it in the Vocal Selections, but I'm not sure if they sell it by itself, though.  Maybe you could borrow it from someone?  I think I have the whole score and could mail you a copy of the song in the original key from the show.2.  If it's a female, use the SSAA; if it's male use the TTBB.  The main difference might be the key that it's written in, which would be easier for a female or male.  If they're in the same key than it doesn't matter.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thank you for the help, guys.  You are my hero, Sucrets!  I've tried to get ahold of the music guy, today.  I'll get in contact with him and possibly borrow your music if need be.  Otherwise, I'll probably go buy the collection and donate it to the church.
    my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards