Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Gift Giving

HI ladies!  I only occasionally post here, but am a frequent lurker.  I had a question about my friends wedding.  I am in it...what is an acceptable gift amount?  Money is tight, since my wedding is 30days away.

Re: Gift Giving

• Options
    Give what you can afford to give. 
  • Options
    Depends on your budget and closeness. So if poor college student you would give less then if you have warren buffet money
  • Options
    I think give what you can give comfortably, but I would try to get a thoughtful less expensive thing, if you go that route.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    There is no "norm".  Just give what you can afford to give.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.....I just didnt want to look like a cheapo or anything.  Its really hard with our weddings so close! With the cost of the BM dress,hotel, gas, and gift along w/ my wedding its rough!
  • Options
    "The realtionship with the giver should be way more important than the actual gift." That's a little excerpt from a book Im reading, but it rings true. If you are in her wedding, then she loves and cares about you, and should be thrilled with whatever gift you decide to give her, especially if its something that is meaningful to both of you (has to do with an inside joke or prior discussion).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    -*relationship.. DOH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    This might be a good time to spend a lot of time on your friend's gift rather that money. Either make something that will be meaningful or look closely at her registry and do some online shopping to see if you can find sales on her registry items. BB&B 20% off coupons can really help if she is registered there. Give what you can afford and make it meaningful.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    One of my favorite gifts was a friend of mine wrote out a long letter talking about how special our friendship was from when we first met to my starting dating DH to the wedding. It was about 4 pages and full of funny stories and sweet toughts from her heart. I know that with her kid and house she has very little money but that support was so so sweet.
  • Options
    A somewhat cheap yet thoughtful gift is making a photobook on snapfish or shutterfly.  You could write stuff about your friendship and have pictures in it.  They have legit leather ones and everything.
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards