Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

NWR: Interview Follow-Up

I had a second interview for a company last Wednesday (10/7). They explained to me on the phone that from here, they will have their 3rd party reference check company contact those who they are interested in, and then they will make their decision from there. The 3rd party company contacted all 3 of my references on Friday (10/9) and all 3 responded to them that day. They told me serveral times throughout the process that they "wanted to move fast to get their team in place". When do you think is an acceptable time frame to follow-up with them via phone/email?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NWR: Interview Follow-Up

• Options
    I would probably e-mail tomorrow since it will be a week since your second interview. If you don't receive an e-mail back, maybe call and just say you are following up to make sure they received your e-mail.
  • Options
    Did you send a thank you note after the interview?  If not, do that now.  If you did, then I wouldn't follow up yet.  You're being impatient.  It's only Tuesday and they just contacted your references on Friday.  Give it at least through the end of the week.  I'm sure contacting references isn't the only background check they do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did send a thank you day of. Normally I would think that it would be too soon as well, but I do know that they have some of the new team starting as early as November 2nd... BUT, you are right that I am probably being impatient. I will give it at least until Friday to see if I hear anything,
  • Options
    If they are in a rush to fill the spot, they already know that.  You calling to follow up isn't going to remind them that they are in a rush you know?  I would just give it until the end of the week. 
  • Options
    Thank you for your advice, they called this morning and made the offer :)
  • Options
    Great!  Congratulations!
  • Options
    Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards