Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

POLL: Memorable Wedding?

What was the most memorable thing at the last wedding you attended? What was something that you had to keep your mouth shut about because you hated? Did you have fun at the last wedding you attended? Sorry, we just went to 2 weddings this month already. Weddings are on the brain.
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: POLL: Memorable Wedding?

• Options
    Mine is the only one I've been to in years....so, IDK.  I'm going to one November 7th, so I'll let you know.  It should be amazing.  Its at a winery and we love the people that are getting married, so I see a good time in our future.
  • Options
    The last wedding we attended memories: The ceremony was hot (August) and the dancing was great after dinnerThe cake (wedding and grooms cakes) was ugly.FI and I both had fun.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    1. The tent that the reception took place in. The draping was beautiful. 2. The pacing of the whole evening, the funk band, and the layout of the tables. 3. I had fun at times. I think people were not really into dancing at this one.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    What was the most memorable thing at the last wedding you attended?  They served Boone's Farm and Busch Light (in cans).What was something that you had to keep your mouth shut about because you hated? Said boone's farm and busch light was being consumed during the ceremony.Did you have fun at the last wedding you attended? Yes, until I woke with a hangover from the Boone's Farm
    PhotobucketPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What was the most memorable thing at the last wedding you attended? The location. The venue really makes weddings special in my opinion. My MOH's sister got married in Newport on the water with the bridge lit up as her back drop.What was something that you had to keep your mouth shut about because you hated?  The open bar at my high school friends wedding. And I hated the brides dress. Glitter doth not a wedding dress make.Did you have fun at the last wedding you attended? YES! as much as I pick apart weddings I am a total sap for them.
  • Options
    The last wedding I went to I biffed it on the floor after my drunk aunt tried to "dip" me which led to my dress flying up (spanx were on display) and my hair extension laying on the floor. I don't want to talk about it.
  • Options
    Well I just went to one over the weekend, but I guess the most memorable thing would be the cakes.  The bride's cake was grand marnier flavored and the groom's cake was in the shape of a jack daniels bottle. I didn't really keep my mouth shut about it to fi, but I hated that the bride was wearing white sketcher looking shoes under her dress, and the BMs were all wearing floor length black dresses with pickups, with black sketcher shoes underneath.  It bothered me so bad, maybe if it was just for the reception I wouldn't have disliked it so much, but it was during the ceremony too and it looked dumb.We didn't really have fun, we left early and sober and got stuck at a crappy table where a 6 month pregnant girl was drinking glass after glass of wine.  It was awkward!
  • Options
    Oh salty, poor thing.....no one notcied! Promise! Liberty, that sounds awesome! But yes, DURING the ceremony, not that much!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    1. the groom was so drunk he had to leave early.2. the groom.3. yes.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    What was the most memorable thing at the last wedding you attended? I agree with Meaghan (per usual!), the venue really makes a lasting impression.  My friend recently got married in an old mansion set in an urban location.  Very chic.What was something that you had to keep your mouth shut about because you hated?  Catholic gap; filet mignon was tasteless - how can you do that to such a great cut of meat and charge $$$$ for it??  Did you have fun at the last wedding you attended? Of course, I always have fun at weddings.
  • Options
    The last wedding I honestly remember attending was mine, 3 weeks ago :)I loved everything about it, but my favorite things were: how SERIOUS then-FI was (he was terrified - both of getting married and the amount of cameras); he was SOO serious saying his vows; my nephew bringing us the rings with his batman; my bouquet with the charms inside; the recessional to Love Walks In by Van Halen.I was a little miffed that my new SIL (to be) decided to get married the day before while we were in Vegas and asked us to be her witnesses. We spent 3 hours at the courthouse trying to get it all done; time we should have spent letting DH meet family members he'd never met before/getting ready for our date night out. It all worked out, though.We had a BLAST - the reception was great!
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    foolforfood- I haven't been to that many weddings and had no idea that most "wedding steaks" are flavorless. WTF, like you said, if I'm paying top dollar for them, they better taste good!
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    1. The venue (a mansion) was beautiful. 2. We were there for almost 3 hours before anyone was allowed to dance. They scheduled all formal dances first, then dollar, then wish dance (we were supposed to send them good vies while they danced), then anniversary dance, then cake cutting and THEN opened the dance floor. We left because we were bored. It was also Halloween and the bride banned anyone from mentioning the holiday. Then she biitched when guests left early to take their kids (who she also banned) trick-or-treating.3. Hellllll no
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    brooklyn- whoa! That bride sounds like a peach. Not letting people mention the holiday? Also, this wish dance thing you speak of....sounds really strange.
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    The last event called a wedding I went to was not a wedding they had been married about 2 years it is DH friends. I spent the whole time biting my tounge Also oddly almost nobody danced which was a shame I like dancing at weddings ( well I simply like dancing )
  • Options
    Oh yes, she's a real piece of work. She's actually the girl who introduced us. We no longer speak to her. I'm sorry, but you can't have a wedding on a holiday like that and not embrace it, especially when you choose the holiday because it's the anniversary of the day you met. There was so much wrong with that wedding (and the bride) I can't even begin to tell you all of it. At least the food was good. I forgot to mention that. Awesome food.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    I went to my FBIL & FSIL's wedding this past July in Cabo What was the most memorable thing at the last wedding you attended? The linens were GORGEOUS - I probably only noticed them so much because I was in the midst of planning our wedding - also the villa that we all stayed in was insane, it was a mansion that was right on the ocean, I seriously could have rolled out of bed onto the beach. What was something that you had to keep your mouth shut about because you hated? the heat - seriously it was horrible - don't ever decide to get married in Cabo in July, it was like getting married on the sun Did you have fun at the last wedding you attended? Yes, aside from being sick the last day I was there and getting sunburnt it was still a lot of fun
  • Options
    How I nearly died laughing in the church. One of the ushers (he was 15 maybe?) was helping a grandmother get up, and he held his arm out for her to hold on to. Her husband, a tiny old man on oxygen, reached out to grab the ushers other arm, and the kid jerked his arm away really quick and left him.The B&G spent at least an hour taking pictures, and came to the reception for a whopping 30 minutes maybe. There was no music, no dancing, no bouquet/garter toss, toast, F/D dance, etc. None of the traditional stuff I was expecting to see. They came in, made a lap around the room, and left. I was happy to see them get married, but there was no entertainment really. It was okay.
  • Options
    The fact that it was Tree's wedding. Nothing. It was awesome. Yes I had a blast.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    The most memorable thing about the last wedding I attended was probably the BM dresses (they were gorgeous purple numbers), and the venue (it was outside at a Botanical Gardens). There were literally birds chirping and butterflies flying around, it was awesome.I didn't hate anything.Yes I had a lot of fun, who doesn't have fun with an open bar?!
  • Options
    The most memorable thing was the band's unscheduled hour long break (lots of people left thinking the wedding was over). Said band is a very popular and well regarded band but I'm tired of wedding bands and their Mo-Town, Oldies and modern covers where I prefer the real song.It was just ok. I think a DJ would have made it more lively.
  • Options
    What was the most memorable thing at the last wedding you attended? It was in Savannah on the waterfront, made for a gorgeous setting. The band was a blast, and kept everyone dancing. Oh and I am sucker for hors d'oeuvres. What was something that you had to keep your mouth shut about because you hated? I really, really, really dislike the dancing with the bride/groom for money. Did you have fun at the last wedding you attended? Yes, I agree with pp. How cannot you not have fun at an open bar with music and friends. I love weddings!
  • Options
    Hmm. The last wedding I attended was super muddy and my heels sank in the yard during the ceremony because grass hadn't been planted yet (also, it was November).My dinner was cold, but it was DIY without servers, so I couldn't really say anything.The best thing was the alcohol. It was brought in by the couple, so there was lots.It was okay, but I had to leave early to drive an hour to the airport, so I couldn't really drink much and didn't do any dancing. I didn't get cake, either.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    What was the most memorable thing at the last wedding you attended? They wrote their own vows - very cute and had cheesecake for their wedding cake - delicious! What was something that you had to keep your mouth shut about because you hated? cash bar only and no one had cash, no cards were accepted and no ATM Did you have fun at the last wedding you attended? Yes it was fun but we left pretty early
  • Options
    Well, given I got married at the last wedding I attended, everything was pretty memorable! haha. I had to keep my mouth shut when our celebrant snuck the word 'faithful' into our asking. We did not want that in there, as it goes without saying. Nevermind. Indeed I did have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards