Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Ceremony Music

Hey Ladies!  First I need to introduce myself,  My name is Amy, getting married 6/19/10. Second, I am in need to suggestions and ideas.My MOH has offered to play part/all of my ceremony music (shes a violinist). She has suggested many songs, but I'm rediculous when it comes to this because I don't know what songs need to be played when and when she should play the violin. Do I have her play several songs or just one?What ceremony music are you going to play and when?Thanks for any help you can offer!! : )

Re: Ceremony Music

• Options
    Music at a secular wedding ceremony (not counting something like a Catholic Mass which has its own rules) tends to be played at three points: first, at the beginning, when your musician can do something as a prelude while people are being seated and then something to accompany you walking down the aisle; second, if you wish, in the middle of the ceremony after the readings (if there's something really important you want played); third, for the recessional when you and your new husband walk out.There are all sorts of lists of appropriate traditional and non-traditional music online and in books that you can look at to get ideas. If you want your wedding to be like everyone else's, you can play Pachelbel's Canon at some point.My wedding music:Processional: My brother will sing something, probably from a musical, maybe "Some Enchanted Evening"After readings: My brother and my best friend will sing the Papageno/Papagena duet from Mozart's Magic FluteRecessional: "The Hook" by Blues Traveler (a recording)
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I'd probably have her play multiple songs.We used Processional: Cannon in D played on an acoustic guitarRecessional: Led Zeplin's Thank YouI can't rmemeber what the BMs walked down to.  It was a mozart piece, but I can't remember what it was called.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Since she's a MOH, do you want her to walk down the aisle and then pick up her violin in time for your walk down the aisle?
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    will MOH be walking in the ceremony?  I would maybe have her play something during the ceremony if its important to you, but I would not want to coordinate her to play the whole thing....it might be chaotic.  Maybe a combo with some recorded music (could still be her playing it) and live.....IDK.  Just think about it before signing her up to do too much and possibly miss out on standing up with you.
  • Options
    My processional was the theme song (the instrumental version) to Princess Bride.My recessional was Van Halen Love Walks In.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    For music, see my bio under ceremony.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    It's totally up to you. Does she play other weddings? Ask what she normally would play. Or see if you can find online playlists that string quartets in your area do.I'm going super traditional at my wedding. You'll probably want pre-ceremony music to cue the guests to find their seats, a processional song for the wedding party, a song for your own processional, and a recessional at the end. At least.I'm just doing totally straight forward, classic stuff, but I'll have a string trio. Examples of what I'm using: Pachabel's Canon, Wagner's wedding march, Ode to Joy (maybe), and Simple Gifts.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards