Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Sandals or no sandals?

Ok so getting married in FL on the beach...found cute payless sandals for my BM's...mom thinks because the girls are wearing sandals, guys should too.  FI would to go barefoot.  Plus brother wears a size 16, hard to find sandals!  Do you ladies think it would look weird with the girls wearing sandals and the guys barefoot??

Re: Sandals or no sandals?

• Options
    I don't think it's a BFD really.
  • Options
    Nope, not at all. Let you FI and his GM wear whatever they want on their feet, if anything.
  • Options
    P.S. I could care less either way, if FI doesn't want to, I am fine with it....  Just not sure if it will look weird or not.  Guess I can't picture it.
  • Options
    I honestly don't think anyone but you would notice. When I see pictures of a beach wedding (or any wedding for that matter), I don't even look at the feet.
  • Options
    I don't know why anyone would want to wear sandals! When I am on the beach, my feet just want to be free. Plus, it's much easier to walk on sand barefoot.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Oh I agree GG....but I don't think I would notice really.  I asked my BM's they all wanted to wear sandals.  I wish I could go barefoot but I need the height.  Just wanted opinions of people not involved in the planning...sometimes it gets overwhelming to have so many people involved and opinions.....I am sure I am not alone!
  • Options
    I do too Sarah...the sand in the Keys though is shipped in and packed down, so its a little different.
  • Options
    I don't know why anyone would want to wear sandals! When I am on the beach, my feet just want to be free. Plus, it's much easier to walk on sand barefoot.One of my friends refuses to go barefoot on the beach. He wears sneakers and socks, and then keeps the socks on. I kid you not.
  • Options
    ha thats funny....I would hate to get sand in my shoes!
  • Options
    Ah I'm used to Jersey shore sand, where it's packed down by the water but to get there you have to go through much deeper and softer sand. I couldn't imagine walking in heels in that.But to answer your original question, I don't think anyone would notice.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I grew up going to the Jersey shore, every summer...great aunt had a beach house in OCNJ.  I miss being near the ocean! 
  • Options
    I've been to the Jersey Shore a few times now. I hate when it seems like you have to walk a mile from the boardwalk to the ocean!
  • Options
    Yes the beach is very wide...
  • Options
    OC, NJ is very nice.What key are you getting married on? I've been to Key Largo, Islamarada and I think 1 or two more, but not for years and years.I would ask the guys. If they're feeling the barefoot thing (and I think guys might), just let them do it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    We are getting married in Key Largo.  What did you think of it?  We have never been.....FI wants barefeet....so he will get what he wants : )  He hasn't had much opinion on other things.
  • Options
    I'm not a HUGE fan of Florida (don't like humidity), but it was really nice. And tropical, of course. I went there when I was younger to do some snorkling trips, because there's a really big reef/state park (I think it's called Pendleton?) that's off Key Largo. We flew into Miami and drove. I've actually been 3 times, but not since I was 14 or 15. We stayed at a hotel and I think it was called the Marina del Rey. It was right on a marina, so mo beach, but it was still really nice. And seemed fancy to my junior high self.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I have heard about the humidity too...but I have been told April is probably the best time, right before it gets humid and buggy.  That tropical feel is the one thing I loved about it, like being in the caribbean but not as expensive and no passports needed. 
  • Options
    Totally. I like fancy tropical drinks. I've only been there in October, but April would probably be nice.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for the opinions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards