Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

WR: Throwing wedding flowers away

Despite my florist having changed my color scheme, dammit if she didn't give me good, long-lasting flowers. So a bunch of my centerpieces, alter arrangements, and bouquets have been sitting around my apartment for the past week and a half. Some of them are finally starting to get that dead flower smell, but not all. I don't want to throw them away! Is that sad and pathetic on my part? Of course I'm not tossing my bouquet (ha), but the rest need to go cause they are starting to stink. When did you guys ditch your flowers?

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: WR: Throwing wedding flowers away

• Options
    I just spent 3 hours making 55 of roughly 160 required button flowers for my bouquets so I wouldn't have to throw them away. I can't feel my fingertips, but by GOD I'll have my bouquets FOREVER!!!!!!!111!!!11!1!1!!!steve!!11!11!111
  • Options
    P.S. OMGSQUEEEEECONGRATS! Where are pics?
  • Options
    My mom tossed my bouquet while I was on my HM. I was pretty disappointed, but didn't make a big deal about it. I wanted to take a few petals from each flower and put it inside a globe Christmas ornament.
  • Options
    We only did bouquets/bouts, so I'm not helpful with this. And when did you get back?  How is Taco Cat dealing with being banished from your sig?  PICTURESSSSSSSSSSS
  • Options
    I don't have wedding flowers, but I often have fresh flowers on the dining room table. I leave those forever. Usually when I throw them out they're getting that gunky slime on the stems in the water, like they've been sitting in a pond. Which, in fact, they sort of have been.And these are just normal flowers with no sentimental value. Ugh.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    The wedding planner took almost all the flowers - it was a DW - so I didn't have to deal with that... But, I did carry my bouquet as far as I possibly could before it would get taken away from me. I gave it to a flight attendant in Los Angeles before we boarded our flight to Asia. They would have throw them away in customs :( It was really sad, though :(
  • Options
    Good lord Bec! Aren't there some people you can blackmail or something to help you with that? Smart though... I wish I could keep mine forever, but as H said, "one of the bouquets looks like it's sitting in Coke." Clearly I need to learn to let go.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    My mom was here for 3 hours tonight helping. It was actually the best evening we've had together in a LONG time. But now neither of us have functioning fingers. I'm actually typing with my nose. There are PIB, and I'm happy with them so far, but good GOD they are labor-intensive!
  • Options
    Ggmae, that's a great idea! I may steal that with your permission, though sorry you didn't get to do it. :(Arb, Taco Cat is being understanding. Sometimes there are just more important things in the world than cats in tacos.Expat, that sucks you had to ditch your flowers. At least you said bye to them at their peak of beauty, instead of watching them rot and fall apart like I am. :)I don't have any pro pics yet, but I have some from friends. Give me a minute...

• Options

• Options
    Aw, you look so pretty =)
  • Options

• Options
    I think it was Jaimebeth who mentioned it on here and I thought it was a great idea. Wish I had gotten to do it, but I should have made sure to tell my mom NOT to throw them out! You look gorgeous!
  • Options
    BEAUTIFUL! I love your dress. Really really really love it! You looked perfect.
  • Options
    Thank you! Arb, you look stunning... not sure if I was on here to mention that since our weddings were so close.Bec, your flower buttons are so cute! Totally goes with the '20s vibe of your hair (uh, hope that's what you were going for). :) Glad you have help too!

• Options
    It was what I'm going for, and you just made my entire night by noticing! I love you!
  • Options
    Aww, ty =) I just got my online gallery of pro pics yesterday, so I've been looking at them non-stop.  I can't wait until I get the disc in the mail so I can start working on an album
  • Options
    I love your cake! Purple is my favorite color.For high school graduation, we each got a bouquet of a dozen red roses. (Or maybe it was 18.) I just flipped it and dried it and kept them for years. But of course they don't look the same dried.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Haha, you can totally see the silhouette of my bum here. Unintentional, but H of course appreciates it. [IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/30mv09t.jpg[/IMG]

• Options
    Yay for a new pic from Arb! Btw, your dress looks amazing strapless. Good choice.Msmery, it seems that purple was the color of the year, but I've always loved it too.

• Options

• Options
    I had non-florals, so they have not been thrown away! The centerpieces did have floral bits, but not enough to want to keep so they went on the morning after cleanup.
  • Options
    I kept my bouquet for about 2 weeks.  It probably would have lasted longer if I would have put it in the fridge.  I didn't take home any of the reception center pieces.  I let my guests do that...Some of the center pieces went to the day after brunch...
  • Options
    Remove them from water and turn them upside down and hang them to dry and they you get to use dried flowers in arrangements
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards