New York-New York City

Wedding Venue Ideas - Queens/Brooklyn/LI

I am trying to plan a March 2013 wedding. I am moving out of the country in three or four months and need to plan absolutely my entire wedding before I do. I am trying to book a venue right now because nothing happens without it! I live in Connecticut, so it is not easy for me to just find a venue in NY. I'm hoping someone has some ideas.

About us: We are fun, slightly non-traditional, and want an interesting space that is not reminiscent of a wedding factory. We love good food and do not want Italian food since neither of us eat pasta or breaded items. The food must be GOOD and plentiful since my family will be upset if they leave "hungry." I want there to be a space to dance, and a space to have the ceremony. Since it's March, outdoors may be too cold for anything but the ceremony.

Places I'm considering are: reBar in Brooklyn and Superfine, also in Brooklyn. I like reBar's look more than Superfine's, but I haven't eaten either of their food yet. I'm trying to go down there in three weeks and have a tasting.

If there are more places like reBar that anyone knows of, I'd like to know. Brooklyn, Queens, and Long Island are all fair game and there MUST be parking available for people since everyone is coming from somewhere and they all have cars.

Thank you so much.

--Jenna

Re: Wedding Venue Ideas - Queens/Brooklyn/LI

• Have you checked out Roulette on Atlantic Avenue? They boast weddings on their space rental brochure, and its a beautifully restored space. Very non-cookie cutter atmosphere. 

• giando on the water, awesome veiw of brooklyn bridge and city, food is delish and theres a parking lot
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • We are getting married at North Ritz Club in Syosset. They only do 1 wedding at a time. Ceremony and cocktail hour can be indoor or outdoor. Valet parking, food is delicious and prices are very reasonable. I had to find a new venue with 82 days to go and they have been a pleasure to work with.
  • My name is David Zhou, and I am also the CEO of Dragon Garnish, and I would love to be your caterer for your celebration. We do unique hand carved vegetable flower centerpieces and catering for any occasion at extremely affordable prices. Check out the gallery of this website for an idea of what I do, http://www.dragongarnish.com/. I have albums full of pictures, contact me, and we can get talk. We can set up an interview if you like, and I can create samples of what I do, and you can try out my unique creations. I can carve many beautiful flowers out of fruits and vegetables; I guarantee these center pieces to be one of a kind! We can create anything from flowers, birds, and wedding scenes, bar mitzvah portraits to your company's logo. Dragon Garnish and Catering, Inc. is a full-service off premises caterer with a specialty in visually stunning presentations using sculpted fruits and vegetables to create exquisite centerpieces that make any special event memorable. We will custom-design whatever your imagination can conjure. I look forward in hearing back.

Cheers,
    David
  • Did you choose one?  I'm looking for March 2013 too and would love any insight on the ones you've seen.  We're seeing Rebar next week and already looked at the Picnic House.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_wedding-venue-ideas-queensbrooklynli?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:2d498965-2179-46e0-8453-5fe7dab04af0Post:098773e9-8e6d-4bae-a66f-ad9aa89536d8">Wedding Venue Ideas - Queens/Brooklyn/LI</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am trying to plan a March 2013 wedding. I am moving out of the country in three or four months and need to plan absolutely my entire wedding before I do. I am trying to book a venue right now because nothing happens without it! I live in Connecticut, so it is not easy for me to just find a venue in NY. I'm hoping someone has some ideas. About us: We are fun, slightly non-traditional, and want an interesting space that is not reminiscent of a wedding factory. We love good food and do not want Italian food since neither of us eat pasta or breaded items. The food must be GOOD and plentiful since my family will be upset if they leave "hungry." I want there to be a space to dance, and a space to have the ceremony. Since it's March, outdoors may be too cold for anything but the ceremony. Places I'm considering are: reBar in Brooklyn and Superfine, also in Brooklyn. I like reBar's look more than Superfine's, but I haven't eaten either of their food yet. I'm trying to go down there in three weeks and have a tasting. If there are more places like reBar that anyone knows of, I'd like to know. Brooklyn, Queens, and Long Island are all fair game and there MUST be parking available for people since everyone is coming from somewhere and they all have cars. Thank you so much. --Jenna
    Posted by Tygress23[/QUOTE]
  • i booked water's edge for may 2013 and they have been wonderful
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards