Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How did you meet?

Hi Ladies,I am curious to hear your stories... how did you meet your FI?

Re: How did you meet?

• Options
    Jiffy Lube.  We had both brought our cars in.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Mike and I met wasted. Well I was wasted. I had been drinking since 3pm and I met him at 11pm. He and two guys that went to school with my friend  came to my hometown from edmonton (1.5 hours) to party. I came down from calgary. My pickup line? "Who was the guy who ate the fish eye for 20 bucks?!!" Mike raised his hand. Then I started talking to him. Barely. Slurring more like. I say on his lap because I couldn't stand any longer. Friend's mom made us grilled cheese sandwiches at 3am and I stole his. I was embarrassed by my drunken behaviour and added him on msn to apologize. We started talking non stop through text, msn and the phone. I came to visit him in edmonton 2 weeks later. He showed up with roses for me, and we got wasted. Spent the entire weekend together which included a group date of mini golf (glow in the dark) and bowling. Monday morning before he went to school (we stayed at my friend's house who lived across the street from his school) I said to him, "mike, are you my boyfriend?" And he said, "yes i am."

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I would be the worst troll.  I'm trying to come up with some ridiculous story for an answer and I got nothing. We met through my sister. I hate my lack of imagination.
    Planning bio My DIY blog The Maine Bio

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Jaime has read 18 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Options
    A group of our mutual friends were going to see Snakes on a Plane the night it came out and everyone backed out at the last minute except for us.
  • Options
    I met FI through a former boyfriend, P.  FI was the first one of P's friend that I met. Makes me sound kinda slutty....
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Online.  And no, I'm not a weirdo.
  • Options
    We're from the same small town. But I literally ran in to him one day when we were both living in Winnipeg. He was working a construction job on my apartment building, and I literally walked in to him...while searching my purse for my keys. I couldn't believe it was him. I always had a crush on him because he's so cute, but was never allowed to act on it because he's 4 years older than I am.
  • Options
    He was having a fire in his backyard with a mutual friend.  A friend of mine and I were out and I called mutual friend.  He told me what they were doing.  I said I wanted to make smores so friend and I were coming over.  We've been together ever since.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    We first met at the engagement party of our MOH and GM. We were both in their BP. Then a few months later, independently of MOH & GM, my BM invited him to join my church choir and that's when we started hanging out and getting to know each other.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    I joined a dinner group because I had just moved to DC and knew absolutely no one. He had joined three weeks before me because he had just moved to DC and knew absolutely no one. I am not shy. I went up to cute guy at dinner group bar and said howdy. Then he smiled. Then I was pretty much done for.
  • Options
    In law school.  He was having lunch with my good friend, I was mad that he was in "my" seat when I got there.  We briefly discussed the correct plural form of the word "squid" and then he left.  I friended him on FB because I thought he was cute.  He accepted because he liked my boobs in my FB pic.We later met again at a party.  We made out drunk in a bar and he took me home.  To our great surprise, we actually liked each other and went on real dates for a few months before getting serious.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    H and I both sailed into St. Martin  and the marina docked our boats next to each other.  Four months later I went back down to sail home and he was still there, we met again and voila! more detailed story in planning bio.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In a bar. We were introduced by my friend/old college roommate who was FI's friend/roommate at the time. We hit it off, but we were both in a relationship, so we were friends for a few years before we started dating.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We met online too. I'm not a freak if Coffer isn't :) We chatted for hours on end about Husker football and other sports. When we finally met, we sat up talking for over 12 hours, til he had to get home to the cows. 4 months later he proposed. :)
  • Options
    At a bar on a football sunday.  Right around this time of year (I do not know the actually date, just that is was in October)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    We met at a bar.  I thought he was really hot, but he ignored me all night.  Then he came up to me as the lights came on.  Guess he was in a bad mood and didn't want to dance, but knew he'd be angry with himself if he didn't talk to me :).
  • Options
    My girlfriends & I rented a condo in CO for a ski trip, and DH knew one of my friends through the navy. He had just come home to CO from a deployment in Africa and crashed on the floor of our condo for three nights. Here's the schedule: Night 1: We meet, hit it off in a friend kind of way Night 2: I hook up with a random guy to get over a boyfriend I had broken up with several days previous Night 3: DH hits on me, I think he must think I'm a ho but don't care and we get together. Night 4: I need a place to stay b/c my girls are all leaving and I'm staying an extra day. DH drives me to his parents house and we have dinner with them. One week later: DH invites me to go on vacation with his family sailing in the BVI a week later. Unbelievably random. I still don't quite understand why he was so interested in me, must have been fate or something.
  • Options
    We worked together a few years back.  Nothing exciting for us.
  • Options
    As written by DH.T and B met in the spring of 2007.  Both of them had shown up for a swim at Silver Lake.  They chatted briefly before the swim and the "novice" swimmer proceeded to kick the experienced Ironman's butt on her way across the lake and back.    B got a chance to meet his future father in law on that fateful day. Fast forward several months.  B and T were volunteering at the Danskin Triathlon.  The coordination of the support for the volunteers was pretty poor and after several hours of standing in the hot sun with no food B was a bit ravenous.   Up came T and a few other friends carrying several Tupperware containers.   Of course, given the conditions, the first thing out of B's mouth was "is that food?".     After scarfing down a myriad of home baked treats, B, T and friends had a great conversation.   Of course, T had no idea he was feeling her out to see what her status was. Several more months went by and both were at a year end party for the triathlon club they are both members of.   With food in hand yet again, B and T talked for a long time on the back porch of our team mate's house.  Again B was subtly hinting at his interest but apparently too subtly since she left the party with the impression  that he was dating another team mate.   One fateful day on November 4, a dating website of all things connected the two inept lovebirds.  B received an email that was entitled "Hey I know you!"   B called T that afternoon and the two got together later that night to watch the Pats kick the Colts butt!   They have been inseparable ever since.
  • Options
    I backed into him on the dancefloor of a nightclub.......and then later on in the parking lot he was parked next to me and told me he thought it was cool when girls drove a stick shift.  We exchanged numbers - he called and it was the most lame conversation EVER.  So I never called him back, then about two weeks later - Same club.......we ran into each other again and we have been together ever since.
  • Options
    At a bar. He had been eyeing me for a while and we had spoken once or twice. I remember talking to him one night and thinking "he was cute, I like him" and forgot who he was. Turned out he was buying me shots as my secret admirer for about a year. One night we started talking b/c some other dude was weirding me out. And here we are.
  • Options
    Sorry for the cut and paste mess.
  • Options
    My best friend and and his best friend are brother and sister.  So anytime I was over to my friend's house, he was over too.  It kinda went from a 'Hey how are ya' to becoming good friends to dating in a span of three years.
  • Options
    I went ice skating with my sister and friend.  He was there with friends playing hockey.  Him and his friend left after a while, and we exchanged numbers with his other friend. A few months later we went back and he was playing hockey again and this time we exchanged numbers.  Neither of us could drive yet and went to different schools so we talked a lot on the phone and online.   Once we could start driving we hung out more and started dating.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • Options
    We met at work, though at the time I was dating someone else.  We did become really good friends though and three years later when I was available, he asked me out.My only regret was that I could have added three years to the time we've had together instead of wasting them on a d-bag.
  • Options
    I was 14, he was 17.  We were the hot topic of discussion at band camp.  We were both members of a group that spent a week at the camp then went on a summer-long European performance tour.  My first French kiss was in a garden in France!
  • Options
    He dated two of my really close friends in high school and so we became really good friends, but lost touch after HS.  We ran into each other in a department store 5 years later.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    eHarmony.  And we're not weirdos, either.  But I would really like to do one of their commercials.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We met at Starbuck's. We were in the same singles' group at church, and a big group goes to Starbuck's after church every Wednesday night. He tells me now that he was interested then, but I was oblivious. Almost a year later at the same Starbuck's, we sat in my car talking 'til 2:00 a.m., and we started getting serious a few months later.
  • Options
    We worked together.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards