Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How did you meet?

Re: How did you meet?

• Options
    We worked together.  I asked him out on our first date because I am aggressive like that.  He hesitated and then said yes.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Originally, we were in high school band together.  I noticed him, but he didn't notice me--he noticed my friend.  I had a huge crush on him all through school (he's two years older) until he graduated, and then I sort of forgot about him.When I graduated in 2006, MySpace was a huge thing, and I ran across his profile and sent him a friend request.  Much to surprise, he accepted and we started talking (the most we'd ever said to each other, EVER!).  I was too chicken to come out and ask him out, so I gave him hints and he finally asked me out.  Our first date was September 23, 2006 and we've been together ever since.  (And our wedding is January 23, 2010--the 23rd is significant dating wise, and both of our birthdays are in January).
  • Options
    Jury Duty...We both tried to get out of it, and both ended up selected. Though, he was an alternate. After a week of long days on a jury, most of us exchanged numbers and went out to dinner together. He called me up about a week later, we chatted a few times. He then told me there were a few movies out that he wanted to see, and asked if I wanted to join him. The rest is history.
  • Options
    haha, stage that is funny!  i am in a well sort of similar situation.  i am single, but i had what i thought was a one night stand a couple weeks ago, but now apparently we're dating, which i NEVER NEVER saw coming and i really like him.  also i DO NOT do that, that is NOT me at all, i just kind of thought it would be a nice way to finish off getting over this other hard break up i had like a year ago.ps- don't worry i was already single and posting on the knot before this happened, i didn't meet him then join TK the next day.
  • Options
    Awesome, so excited to know where that last poster is in her cycle.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    haha mandy are you talking about me?  like i might be knocked up or something?
  • Options
    lavalife.com
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    no, SME.  she's got a bump badge, and two tickers.  one telling us where in her cycle she is.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    [i]Awesome, so excited to know where that last poster is in her cycle.[/i] I was JUST thinking that. TMI tickers are such a vom.
  • Options
    Thanks for the midmorning gigglesnort, Mandy :)
  • Options
    I'd gotten myself in over my head on a bathroom renovation.  Asked a friend if she had any handyman recommendations.  Her response: "OMG, _____ would be perfect for you!  He loves home renovations!""Uhhh, are you setting me up on a date or helping me get my bathroom back?""No, seriously, he's you, only male.  He's perfect for you!":sigh:We did (almost) finish the reno before we started dating, I suppose.  But yes, we met over a toilet.  It's a love story for the ages.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    As silly as it sounds we met on Myspace 6 years ago and became best friends over the net. At first I thought he was weird and he thought I was pretty. Who knew that years of friendship would evolve into soulmates?
  • Options
    It's a long story. A really long story. Anyway, ovulation and knowing other peoples egg release dates is disgusting.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    OHhhhhhh... i see it now.  hahaha Anyway, i first posted here a WHILE ago, about if you think you can find love again (i was sad about a break up), and Salt among others wrote nice things to me that it is possible.  So i just wanted to update that I met a really great guy i am excited about dating.  not saying i know where it's going, but at least i am excited about another guy and realize there are better things out there.  :)
  • Options
    That story is actually NSFW and what's funny is that a friend wants to re-create it this weekend. But we're having family visit.The short version - at a mutual friend's birthday party. FI and friend were roommates in grad school. Friend and I were coworkers. FI was visiting from NZ for friend's birthday/vacation.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    We'd technically met through mutual friends years before, but name/face recognition was it. We never talked until the same friends arranged a 25-person group to see Avenue Q and carpools came up.  FI offered to be a driver since he worked near the theatre and had a prime parking spot... but warned that anyone riding with him would be listening to the soundtrack to The Producers.  I hadn't planned on accepting the ride, but had to laugh and respond to the email because I love that play.  We started talking because of that, and then I ended up accepting the carpool, and it turned out I was the only person who did, and then when I got in the area I realized we'd never set a time to meet.  When I called him to ask about that, he said come on over.  We went downtown 2 hours early and just walked around and talked.  By the time we met up with the group, it was starting to feel like a date.  After the play we went out for drinks and more talk, and by end of the night it really felt like a date.We call that our "not-date date." :D  Anyway, we picked up the talking on IM and the phone the next day and we never really stopped.  We moved in together 4 months later, got engaged about a year and a half later.
  • Options
    Anyway, ovulation and knowing other peoples egg release dates is disgusting. THIS!!!!!  Do that tracking shiit in private!!!
  • Options
    My friend sent me DH's profile from Americansingles.com.  Took me 3 days to email him because he was 3 years younger.  We talked online for a month before speaking on the phone.  We went to an air show for our first date a week later. He made up some excuse when he first got there that he had dinner plans with his aunt and uncle and had to leave at 5... (just in case the date was going horribly-lol)  5 years later we are married!
  • Options
    I was 19 and living with two roommates, one of my roommate's best friend was (still is) Pete. He had a girlfriend and I was busy dating half of St. Louis, but he was always incredibly nice, funny, and pretty easy to look at, so I'd hang out with him and my roommate whenever he was over.Over the years we'd see each other since we ran in the same circle, but were never too close.Fast forward about 8 years, we run into each other at my old roommate's mardi gras party. We were making out by the end of the night.
  • Options
    We met online through world of warcraft - his brother was my guild leader.
  • Options
    [i]So i just wanted to update that I met a really great guy i am excited about dating. not saying i know where it's going, but at least i am excited about another guy and realize there are better things out there. :)[/i] I'm so happy for you, Kinsey!! I know just how you were feeling before...I am sure many of us do. Keep us updated! :)
  • Options
    Our story is in my bio. It's long, and weird. But I love it. Serendipity is my favorite word and my favorite life occurence.
  • Options
    Thanks Salt!!!  :)
  • Options
    We were both involved with a play festival. I was the emcee/host and he was in one of the plays. We admired each other from afar for a month, I dirtied his martini at the festival and that was it. I drunk facebooked him when I got home, we went out a couple weeks later and were engaged 7 months later.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    Match.com.  I had been doing online dating on and off for years.  FI did it for two weeks. :)  Been inseparable since our first date.
  • Options
    E-harmony. We were each other's first matches.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Drunk at a bar.
  • Options
    Bec - I LOVE your story. I love AMrs's story too.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks Stage :)
  • Options
    We met in high school when I was a freshman and he was a sophomore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards