New York-New York City
Options

Weddings this weekend affected by Irene!

I feel for all the brides that are getting married this weekend in NY! 
Are any of the weddings cancelled or postponed because of the mandatory evacuations? 
Always One Happy Bride!

Re: Weddings this weekend affected by Irene!

• Options
    dewiandandredewiandandre member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes!  Mine was to be this Sunday.  I'm actually a groom trying to find out what others are doing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our engagement party was supposed to be this Sunday, but now postponed to next week :(  was so upset, I can't imagine how you or any one else must feel if it was your wedding day
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dewiandandre  I hope today was spectacular for the both of you despite Irene
  • Options
    angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard from one of my contacts that her bride's wedding planner had a hard time with unprofessional vendors. Obviously the wedding is cancelled and yet these vendors were not happy about it. Can you believe that!??? RUDE!
  • Options
    bklynchick74bklynchick74 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I must be one of the only few brides to actually to through with her wedding during the hurricane.  It went over very well and was a nice distraction for my guest to get out of the house.  I only had one empty table which i think is pretty impressive.  All of my vendors showed up (except for one who is giving me a problem), and the venue was very accomdating.  If rain is good luck on your wedding day I am going to be married for 15 life times.
  • Options
    bmoscowitzbmoscowitz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had to postpone my 8/27 wedding that was to be at a vineyard in Long Island.  I was able to reschedule with all of my vendors for October 1, thank god.  Unfortunately, I lost about 15 guests for the new date, including a bridesmaid and groomsman, as well as a few thousand on flowers and cake!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards