New York-New York City

Who Pays for parking?

So I'm a little torn, I haven't been to a NYC wedding in a long time and I'm getting married on July 14th at the Plaza. Who pays for the parking? Do alot of people even bother driving in? We have guests from NYC, Outer Boroughs & NJ coming in, but do we cover the parking or do the guests handle it since its after 6 and there is street parking available? There are a few parking garages in the area that they can use, but we would have to guarantee a certain number of cars and I don't feel like I can do that without wasting money.

any advice?

Re: Who Pays for parking?

• ujocdeelovelyujocdeelovely member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Did you speak to the Plaza to see if they have any parking accommodations? Paying for all of your guests parking would be very expensive especially in a parking garage. I would just have them pay for their own parking.
  • I wouldn't worry about paying for your guests parking.  We had our wedding in the meat packing district and our guests either parked on the street or in the garage but we did not pay for the parking.  None of our guests even expected us to pay for the parking.  It would've been extremely expensive to do so.

• Not your responsibility - guests driving into the city expect to either pay for it out of pocket or look for parking.  It's a generous thing to do, but by all means not necessary.
  • I agree with Cinderalla :) I wouldn't worry about paying for your guests parking,  I attended weddings in NYC before and I paid for my own parking.
    abc
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards