Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Registry info on shower invite?

My aunts are giving me a shower, and they put my registry information on the invitation. I knew that they were going to do this and didn't tell them not to because I didn't want them to think that I was correcting them. Now that the invitations are out, I'm kind of embarassed about it. What do you think? Is registry information on a shower invitation okay?

Re: Registry info on shower invite?

• Options
    It is perfectly acceptable to include registry info on shower invites. It isn't appropriate anywhere else though. And I'm glad they printed it on the invite and didn't include those obnoxious registry cards the stores give out.
  • Options
    Since you aren't hosting the shower, it's fine.  It isn't you saying "Hey, here is where I want you to buy me presents from!"  Registry info on shower invites = okay  Registry info in wedding invites =not okay
  • Options
    Yes, that's fine.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    Only time it's even slightly okay.  Don't sweat it.
  • Options
    Ok good. Now I can stop worrying about it.
  • Options
    It is okay, plus YOU didn't do it anyway.
  • Options
    It is fine and as a guest, I would be happy to know where you are registered and not have to search for it.  As an aded bonus, now a lot of your guest will know where you are registered so it will make wedding gift shopping easier and it came from your aunts, not you! Have a great shower!
  • Options
    shower invites are fine. not wedding invites.
  • Options
    It's understood that a shower is a gift-giving occasion. Don't sweat it. Honestly, if I received a shower invite that *didn't* have registry info on it, I'd be a little put out. :)
  • Options
    According to what I've read, posting the registry info on SHOWER invites is fine, but doing so on the actual wedding invites is not appropriate. I mean, the idea is to "shower" you with gifts, so the guests would probably appreciate a little help in knowing what you want and will actually use!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards