Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Shooting at Fort Hood

Re: Shooting at Fort Hood

• Options
    No, he's a Knox.  I was answering re: lockdown.  He has friends at Hood though.  Most of them are currently deployed to Iraq, but some are there.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    From msnbc, updated 5 minutes ago (c&p): At least seven people were killed and 20 wounded in a mass shooting Thursday at Fort Hood, Texas, one of the largest military complexes in the world, NBC News and affiliate KCEN reported. Two suspects were captured and four swat officers were wounded, NBC News and KCEN, based in Waco, Texas, reported. The station had earlier said that one of the shooters had been holed up in a building on the base and had opened fire on SWAT team members. KCEN quoted a source as saying the shooter had a high-powered rifle. KCEN reported that a policeman was among those shot. The shootings took place in two locations on the base — at the  Soldiers Readiness Processing Center and Howze Theater, according to a military spokesman
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    The shooters were in military uniforms.  I wonder if they were actual soldiers or civilians posing as soldiers.
  • Options
    Sorry, I'm worried for some of our friends now, and thinking faster than I can type.  I should have been clearer earlier.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    No, he's a Knox. I was answering re: lockdown. He has friends at Hood though. Most of them are currently deployed to Iraq, but some are there.My mom was stationed at Knox the majority of her career.
  • Options
    This scares me too, as I have friends stationed there and some who deploy from there. I think I and everyone in central TX is praying for these people. What a tragedy!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Navy, that's unusual.  Not many people are here a long time, as it's historically been primarily a training base.  What did she do?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    I'm a little sick to my stomach, too. www.centraltexasnow.com is a TV station that has coverage.  I'm watching that TV station through msnbc. Kay Bailey Hutchinson just told a reporter off camera, and it was just reported, that the number of wounded is now around 30. She was told that by a general on post. Press conference starting any minute. They're still considering it an active scene, with a possible 3rd shooter. Shots fired at a residence.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Navy, that's unusual. Not many people are here a long time, as it's historically been primarily a training base. What did she do?I'm not exactly sure what she did while she was in the military because she got out right after I was born.  I'll have to ask her tomorrow and get back to you.
  • Options
    Squirrly, I have a friend who's parents have been stationed in the same place (Italy!) for about 15+ years because they teach at the school on base. Which might only be the case in foreign bases, where they sort of need to have a separate school...
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    9 now confirmed dead.
  • Options
    12 dead, including 1 gunman.
  • Options
    Freakin' CNN is behind.  Did the gunman shoot himself?
  • Options
    Navy, I'm watching CNN. Wolf Blitzer just said that.
  • Options
    There was a gunman injured in return fire but they don't know if he died or if it was the other one, and if so, how.
  • Options
    Well, their website is behind.  I'm at work so sadly I can't watch the live feed.  I'm just relying on the articles.
  • Options
    Gotchya. No worries! I'm doin what I can to keep ya updated :)
  • Options
    Thanks sco!  I appreciate it.
  • Options
    They're doing a news conference now. They shootings happened at the soldier ready facility, which comprises of several buildings. Also one gunman was arrensted at the dollar general off site.They were in fact soldiers that opened fire at the ready facility. 31 confirmed wounded. 12 confirmed deaths. All US Military personnel.
  • Options
    It makes it even sadder that it was actual military personnel doing the shooting.  I can't even imagine how you could do that to a fellow soldier.
  • Options
    One shooter was killed. Two additional soldiers were apprehended and suspects but not sure if they also were involved in the shooting.
  • Options
    That should read they are suspects. Sorry.
  • Options
    Maybe soldiers who had a bad experience? If it was a lone shooter, I'd think post traumatic stress could be to blame, but I doubt it would be something like that with two of them shooting. It will be interesting to find out what the motive was etc.
  • Options
    Yes, the news conference just happened.CNN's website is WAY behind when it comes to coverage. I always look at MSNBC then if its questionable, check AP.  They did shoot a gunman, though. A police officer - civilian, I believe - is also among the dead.As a side note, this reporter can't quit messing with her hair. She's more worried about it, and their mics quit working. I'm about to shake my monitor. Just read the frigging facts, lady.
  • Options
    Normally CNN is the quickest on accurate coverage, but not this time.
  • Options
    I think the info on the web is just slower than on tv. I switched to CNN after my local news went back to local news.
  • Options
    One of the suspects is a freaking Major!  Wtf!
  • Options
    This is so heartbraking.
  • Options
    The articles still say they don't know what the motive is.  I'm really anxious to hear that.  But, I'm going to go worry from home & wait for FI to get there.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Options
    Yea, I'm really not looking forward to my FI leaving for military duty this weekend.  Thankfully he works at a really small base.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards