Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

sunday shenanigans

Good Morning! How is everyone this fine Sunday morning?

Re: sunday shenanigans

• Options
    Morning!  although it's Sunday night for me.  I am doing very well, searching for flights to get me to DH!How are you doing today?  any fun plans?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Morning! Just crawled out of bed after some very bizarre dreams that I can't even explain exactly.I'll be heading out in about two hours to run a 5k, so that's cool. I'm hoping I manage to run the whole thing, because my runs the past week have been kinda sluggish.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Morning. I'm looking for flights home for Christmas. AMrs did your visa come through?
  • Options
    aMrs! Good to see you this evening! Where is DH this time? DH & I are going to WV to do a favor for a friend. I'm not sure what part of WV, since I have never been to his house before. Usually we go to WV to visit FIL in Charles Town. After that, it's off to Centreville to get our brakes done by a friend and then hanging out with another friend & his girlfriend. So yes, a rather busy day. And I tried filing my weekly unemployment benefits this morning but the website is being wonky, so I'll have to try again later.
  • Options
    Good morning ladies! I have no plans today. FI is cleaning the kitchen  right now after his drunken pizza party of one. I had a horrible dream last night that I am trying to shake.
  • Options
    Good morning Sara & NCV!
  • Options
    Good morning, Ladies!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Morning, cew! Seems like you, me and Sara all had weird dreams last night. I have no clue why I had the one I did, but it sure did make me angry and upset.
  • Options
    Hiya, Les!
  • Options
    ncv, that is so funny.  The atty hasn't even filed it yet!  We are gathering as much as we can, he'll file and then just keep adding addendums.  But after my bridiging visa is approved on the 27th, I'm gone. 
  • Options
    It was crazy and it was one of those dreams that you wake up and you come back to, so you basically have it all night long. Yuck!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! sco, DH is in France and will be there until the end of May.  We actually get to live together!  He'll have a 9-5, M-f type deal.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that cew. :(
  • Options
    Moring ladies! I had weird dreams last night too, I woke to find I drooled a lot, which is unusal for me, must be a sideeffect of weird dreams.
  • Options
    I'm always having weird dreams. They get really bad when things are stressful at school, and April and November are always the most stressful months. Oh well. At least it's a beautiful day, so it shouldn't take me too long to start feeling normal again.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I effing hate immigration, I do not look forward to the VERY long Green Card process when we move back to the US:-/ scoetto- busy day! The brakes place is open on Sunday? How soon I forget the wonders of the US. Cew- drunken pizza party of one made me laugh, TY.
  • Options
    France! How rad! I'm so jealous of your jet-setting lifestyle. But you totally deserve all that fun. :) And yay for finally living with your handsome DH!
  • Options
    Question for you ladies:  We received several gift cards as wedding presents, some of which have not yet been spent.  DH wants to regift a portion to his son for Christmas.  I say no, the people gave us the gift; he says we're just saving $100 and it's no big deal. I'm not opposed to regifting in general (when done tastefully).  I'm probably just being pissy becasue I'm annoyed with SSon and don't want to give him anything right now.  Thoughts?
  • Options
    I think it would be fine since it is just a gift card just make sure that he doesn't realize it. Make sure it does not say your names or anything about marriage or wedding on it.
  • Options
    NCV, we are having J's BFF (our photog, actually) do them. He does them on the side. I'm sure brakes places are open today, but we just have to swing by his house to have them done. J would normally take care of that himself but he's still healing.
  • Options
    Les, NO to the re-gifting of GCs. Sco, everyone says that about our lifestyle, I just wish someone else would fund it.
  • Options
    I hear ya on the wishing someone else would fund it. If I win the lotto, I'll send some your way. :)
  • Options
    Yeah - as long as it's not identifiable.  The people who gave it to us would not know.  It's probably fine, I just want to cut the little turd off completely right now and spend my own gift cards.
  • Options
    I think my weird dream was a result of FI being a drunken weirdo last night which resulted in a small tiff and then there was death talk on TK last night. I dreamed that he died. It was so terrible. I was heartbroken and lost. But hey, at least it helped me get over being pissed at him for being an idiot. Les - I would let him regift it. I'm a big fan of regifting. Why are you pissed at SSon?
  • Options
    scoetto- Got ya. BTW did I miss your pics? If so can you post a link, please:-) I'm going to say no on the re-gift, it always seems to turn out badly.
  • Options
    I'm working today.  As soon as I get a power point presentation done I can split.  Kmm needs some new jeans before vacay next month so I'm going to head over to the mall before I go home.  I wonder what else I need for vacay.......may need to make a list before I leave today. As far as the regifting - I'm with you and I wouldn't do it.  That is a WEDDING present - you know free and clear money to buy something you want and will have for a long time.  Your DH sounds as sentimental as Mr. kmmssg.  There is a reason we don't call him Mr. Christmas.....
  • Options
    Not sure what to think about the whole GC thing. Are they for stores that he would want to shop at? I'd imagine most wedding GCs are for home goods stores and I can't imagine boys being too excited about that. How old is the son?
    imageimage
  • Options
    Les, why not give him something else? We've regifted gift cards in the past but it was after the holiday/birthday was over. And sitting in my wallet for a couple of months.
  • Options
    Sco, we could be going to Guam for all I care.  I just want to finally live with DH.
  • Options
    NCV- Haven't posted a link to pics yet. Still waiting to get pro pics back. Photog was over yesterday getting our input on final touches. Should have them up soon :) I do have a few I could probably put into a married bio or something but I'm too lazy to do that just yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards