Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Big deal stuff

I am giving a big deal presentation at the end of the week and have made a 3' x 4' poster to fulfill the requirements.  I've read it about 50 times and scoured over it.  I can't seems to send it to printer for fear that I have missed something.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets scared of messing up gigantic projects. 
my read shelf:
Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale

Re: Big deal stuff

• Options
    Me. Constantly.I can't look at wedding invitations after I've printed them and had everyone proof them for fear that I've spelled something wrong.Once I pronounce something "finished" (with the help of someone else's eyes), I don't go back.
  • Options
    Nope, but I fuuck stuff up all the time, so my fear is based in fact.
  • Options
    I always freak out over poster presentations. I usually get a bunch of people to help me proof.
  • Options
    I am the exact.same.way. In grad school I would torture myself like this. Thank god I had an understanding friend who was the same way and we would obsess over each other's  stuff as well. Now that part of my job is sending out email blast to the entire membership for every one at the club I am really a mess. You wouldn't believe the things I get handed to send out. I basically re-write every single one and still freak out. Of all the things that could go wrong at work it is the weird annoying typos that gets me going. One time I sent something out with the right day but wrong date and had a heart attack.It pays off in the end though and presentations that look put together always stand out. You are going to be great.
  • Options
    You are not alone. I check and re-check things over and over again, especially when I send up my class's quarterly paperwork to administration.
  • Options
    At this point, I probably should be freaking out more than I am. On Wednesday I have a 40-minute presentation to give, and so far I've written about four pages and yet I am still lollygagging about. I've definitely got the Ph.D. version of senioritis. I just want this stupid semester to be over.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem right now with my invitations and inserts. I'm 99.99% sure they're perfect, but I'm still having trouble printing them because I may have missed something too.
  • Options
    I freak out over stuff.  I'm kicking myself because I scoured over a speech I was writing and I didn't think I had any errors.  As I was giving the speech today, I noticed I had multiple spelling errors.  FFS!
  • Options
    I proof my tests forty-leven times before sending them to the print shop and then when they come back to make sure the hidden text marking the answers isn't on them.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I just had two posters printed for a conference I'm going to next week. Fingers crossed on no typos. It got so close I just had to send them- and I was sick of looking at them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards