Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bartenders

Any thoughts on when I should call to book a bartender? I'm getting married July 17, 2010. I have my caterer, but I need to provide my own bartender. I have a list, just a matter of calling and pricing. My KNOT checklist does not list bartender, so that's no help! Thanks for your thoughts!

Re: Bartenders

• Options
    I would think sooner is better. 
  • Options
    Well, I'm getting married in 18 days, and I still don't have one. So...maybe I'm not the best person to ask.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Well, I'm getting married in 18 days, and I still don't have one. So...maybe I'm not the best person to ask.Yikes, Bel!OP, I don't think there's such a thing as booking too soon, so if you have the free time I'd say start calling.
  • Options
    The worst thing they can tell you is to call back in 4 months. I've had officiants tell me that. I will, indeed, just call them back later. At least that way you know they aren't booked yet.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Most bartender companies I'm talked to said they've never turned down a client, even with a couples days notice.  They have enough employees to cover a good amount of events.We're planning on booking ours in December for our March wedding.
  • Options
    Depends.  Around here, independent bartenders are few & far between, so I'd say yesterday.  In your area, they might be plentiful.  I feel like a lot of people who tend bar change jobs pretty often (I say this from having been one & working in food service - not just being snotty), so I can actually see being worried about booking too early.  I'd start calling now, but be sure to follow up at 3 - 4 months out just in case.  And - talk to enough to find a second and third choice so that you have a short list in case you need it.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards