Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

AW: Sweet husby

DH just got home and brought stuff to make dinner (he told me he was going to) and it turns out he brought me a potted Gerbera daisy and a card. The card thanked me for all I do for him, acknowledged the time and effort I put into the new puppy and said that he wishes he could swtich roles with me so I could rest. I'm so blessed. He's the one who's gone 16 hours every day - I wish I could give him a break. Anyone else the recipient of some sugar lately?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS

Re: AW: Sweet husby

• Options
    Aww.  If that were my DH, I would probably be following it up with, "what did you do now???"That being said, DH brought home marshmellows, chocolate and graham crackers the other night.  We lit a fire and had smores.  It was pretty awesome.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hate these posts. It just reminds me how un randomly sweet FI is. I mean, he loves me and he does stuff when its 'expected' but not so much on random thoughtful stuff.You are one very lucky woman. :)
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Ya know what I'm the recipient of?FI sitting downstairs playing Call of Duty while I drink alone.  Woot.
  • Options
    Scott brought home chippers and wine tonight! WOOT!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Chippers? Chips? I feel like I'm hitting the Canadian language barrier, but you're not Canadian.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Ha! Chocolate covered potato chips from Widman's, a gourmet candy shop in town. THEY ARE DELICIOUS.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Mmmmm, smores! I do feel very lucky, thank you. :)
  • Options
    That sounds like PMS heaven. Can't choose between sweet and salty? Done.
  • Options
    Chocolate covered potato chips? I must have some of those.
  • Options
    FI constantly tells me outright how much he appreciates me, but he's not big on stuff like that.  He's never bought me flowers in the 2.5 years we've been together.The most romantic thing, IMO, is how he totally supported me financially while I was unemployed recently without batting an eyelash.  He never complained about it, he just did what needed to be done and never wavered.  I'll never forget that.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Seriously, brooke and LVB...they are the best things ever. Promise.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    What sweeties you all have! Mine has taken to calling me his pin up girl since we went to the WWII airshow this weekend and saw all the plane noseart. He keeps saying he loves my curves and I look like I belong on the side of a plane. That'll do wonders for a girl's self esteem!
  • Options
    Promise, fish?  Because those sound pretty terrible to me...  DH left a cute card on my pillow the other night, and I didn't even notice it until my head landed on top of the card.  It was adorable and sweet, and also informed me that I'm his favorite form of exercise.  ;-) 
  • Options
    J can't be convinced that flowers are a good thing except on anniversary days and Valentine's Day ("must" days - I lose out on my bday because it falls 2 weeks after V day). But, he tries. It escapes his logical reasoning mind.However, he heats up a warm pack for my head every night, and tucks me in. Last night, after he tucked me in, he went back out to Wallyworld and bought me a bottle of Aleve and a bag of french rolls (to replace the ones that "disappeared" over the past couple of days).
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Aw, Brie, that is awesome. Knowing you'll always be lovingly taken care of no matter what hardship must be a beautiful feeling. And Bec, I love yours, too. DH has a tattoo of a beautiful pinup and he says he loves that my body looks like hers.
  • Options
    FI randomly bought me flowers and brought them to work and picked me up a couple weeks ago.  It was during a cold snap and they lasted about an hour, but it was still sweet. 
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    Promise, Promise, Scarlet.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I made dinner for FI tonight (he normally cooks), and he kept thanking me for doing it.  I told him that it's no big deal, he's the one that does the cooking all the time anyway.  And now I feel bad that I don't thank him as profusely as he did tonight, but it was still really nice of him to be so grateful.
  • Options
    Brie - car registrations/taxes are done differently here - I thought I had a while, but no - they're due the month you get them.  I didn't have the money left to pay them, and J paid them for me last year.  My ex was a sponge off of me and my parents.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    My FI made pepper steak tonight for dinner... this is the third dinner he cooked in a row... I am awaiting bad news, or he just efin rocks and I am the luckiest girl alive... ...he is a slob in the office, and I have to clean it to be able to walk in every time... three dinners in a row !!!!
  • Options
    Aww...so sweet!
  • Options
    The term 'husby' freaks me out. But in any case, my H is constantly sweet to me. He'll come home after a hectic day, and offer to cook for me because I had some random petty frustration in my day at home. He's always so considerate and it's really very sweet. He doesn't often buy me things, although if I do mention that I want something, he will go and get it for me (eg. once I called him saying I'd found this gorgeous perfume- just a random conversation as I was actually out getting my friend a present. The next day, he gave me the perfume- he'd somehow remembered what I'd said and what perfume it was from my throw-away comment, and went out to buy it that day). It's funny, because I never feel like I could possibly be as considerate and kind to H as he is to me- yet he's always saying how I'm so sweet to him, too.
  • Options
    The other day I came home from work to find a bouquet of flowers on the table with a note in front of them that simply said "I Love You".  Totally sweet right...where did I find him when I went to thank him?  Playing video games of course -kiki i am also a call of duty widow today. He often does sweet things like cooking me dinner and buying me things I don't need like ice cream!  I always feel like he does way more for me than I do for him...but then again I put up with the video games so I think it evens out. haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards