Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

It's hump day... let's vent

My vents:~My SIL just got a new job.  She's running her own website and selling electronics over it.  he's also throwing a dinner party in a few weeks, which is going to end up being a 3 hour sales pitch (her boss is going to be there and the sole purpose of the party is for him to explain her website to us).  She's also spamming all of her Friends and family's FB pages with it.  I'm your SIL, not your customer.  IF I want to buy electronics I'll go to the store, or come to you.  Please don't come to me.~H just called from work.  He wasn't feeling well this morning when he got up.  He was coughing and sneezing.  Well now apparently he's feeling feverish (I hope it's not the pig herp).  I asked him what he wanted to do and he says he'll come with me to my grandma's, but since no one else needs to get sick right now he'll sleep in the car.  It's sub-freezing up there.  That's just idiotic.  However, maybe this will give us a good excuse to find a hotel in the area.
kd.joseph's wish is my command
Just call me "Brothel"
And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
my read shelf:
Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: It's hump day... let's vent

• Options
    That sounds like an excellent excuse to get a hotel room! My vent involves the on-going saga of the office spy: she tried to tattle on me on Friday for talking with someone about the office printer that wasn't working. Since our IT guy wasn't responding to his pages, I was helping them to fix it. Apparently, she doesn't think this is in my scope of practice, so I shouldn't ever help (despite the fact that I fix more IT issues than our IT person). So...I told my boss (who thought she was being ridiculous) that I'll be sure to say no the next time SHE comes to me for help (as she has in the past.)This morning, she brought her dog to work. Doesn't matter that it's against the policy, she did it (as she often does). And she let him off his leash to come into my office. Where I was working with a new employee who doesn't like dogs. And then her dog wouldn't listen to her and come back.Will she get in trouble? No, of course not.
  • Options
    This isn't so much a vent, as something I'm worried about that doesn't deserve its own thread.  FI has been really unhappy at work.  He does IT work, more specifically, internet/network security.  He was scouted and hired by a CPA firm who had branched out into a consulting division to come and beef up their security services.  But since April, he's done about 2 security related jobs and has written financial audits (which he is in now way qualified to do, it's a CPA's job) the rest of the time.  He's having a talk with his boss today about what's going on and his basic premise is "I'm not happy with this job.  It's affecting my career trajectory.  If you can't find me work to do that's related to my career, I'll find another job." I think he's completely justified and he discussed having this conversation with me before he had it with his boss.  I hope the outcome is good. I'm nervous today.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    This is a lame vent, but whatever. I took a pill this AM and it's stuck in my throat. I can feel it in there but it wont' go down. I *hate* it when that happens.
  • Options
    I have a HUGE vent.FI went out for dinner with work yesterday.  Drinks were had, and he ended up showing his coworkers a picture of himself in his Halloween costume (penguin).One of the partners (who I've met several times) asked, "So, what did Marina007 dress up as then? A KILLER WHALE?"FI told me the story when he came back and it made me feel SOOOO shitty and annoyed.  I get it, you're into marathons and whatnot, but please refrain from implying that I'm whale-like.Oh, and I also felt that FI didn't HAVE to share that anecdote with me. Vent over.
  • Options
    I'm tired. Vent over. Oh and AC, I fuucking hate it when that happens. It's almost as bad as when you burn the roof of your mouth and that pain stays with you all day.
  • Options
    I still hate my disgusting coworker, but at least she isn't stalking me like she is stalking my other coworker/friend. Friend read me off all these texts that crazy psycho has been sending her and then this morning she got an e-card with a teddy bear and all this "I'm thinking of you all the time" weirdness written in it. I'm kind of afraid of her at this point and it's making work extremely uncomfortable.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yikes Salt! That's insane. I have an EX vent that is not worth typing. I hate him and I have no use for him since I'm sure he's changed his life insurance beneficiary. But if he could kill over and just get out of my way that would be nice.  
  • Options
    Salt, I can't wait for the day this coworker bites the dust.  You mention her so much that I'm ready for her to get fired. The stalking thing is super fuucking weird. and Cew, I'm a chubby bunny and can't wait for things to cool off before I eat them, so I end up with roof of the mouth burns ALL. THE. TIME.
  • Options
    My vent is that one of my bridesmaids asked me last night if I wanted to change the color of the dresses. I had always planned on having black dresses and then last night she said she was out looking at dresses and saw a pink dress that she really liked. I may just be, being a bridezilla but I really like the dress I picked and don't want to change it. Also, another BM told me that she wants to wear a shawl/pashmina because she does not like her arms, she will be the only one wearing something like that and I am not a huge fan of it because I think it will be really noticeable, but I dont know if I am just being a bridezilla. I mean I want everyone to be comfortable but I think that it would draw more attention
  • Options
    AC, can you try eating something like a cracker or piece of bread to push it down? That usually works for me. Salt, that is INSANE, and bordering on harrassment.
  • Options
    afloggie, I'd keep the black dress, but if someone wants to wear a wrap I wouldn't sweat it. I had an attendant wear one and no one else did, and it looked fine. She'll be more comfortable and will look it. But saying no to both the pink dress and the wrap does not make you a bridezilla.
  • Options
    Also, another BM told me that she wants to wear a shawl/pashmina because she does not like her arms, she will be the only one wearing something like that and I am not a huge fan of it because I think it will be really noticeable, but I dont know if I am just being a bridezilla. My sister asked if she could do this and while I agree that it will make her standout a bit, I understand where she is coming from. I'm not a huge fan of my arms either. Ultimately, I just want her to be comfortable and happy, so I'm okay with it.
  • Options
    My vent is kind of stupid.  My office is crazy with the idea of anyone getting the pig herp and are being super careful, my boss just pretended to have a fever so they would send her home.  No one wants to be here today, and I have so much on my mind I'd rather be home then here but I'm not faking a fever to go home.I mentioned yesterday that on Monday I found out my grandfather has colon cancer, then I found out last night that my mom had to get a biopsy yesterday because they think she might have cervical cancer.  I didn't want to come in but I did and I'm super annoyed that she is faking being sick to go home.
    BabyFruit Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    J got work yesterday that his company was about to go through another wave of layoffs. This will be their 3rd time laying people off. He completely dodged it the first time. The second time, he received the layoff letter. The day before our wedding! Well, strings were pulled and changes were made and he kept his job. Now his reliable source is telling him that it's about to happen again. I hate his job.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    [i]Salt, that is INSANE, and bordering on harrassment. [/i] Yeah friend also reported it all to our boss and she is taking it to the head of the company. I am crossing all my fingers for a firing soon. I want to go out for celebratory drinks if it happens.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Awww Danielle, that sucks hard.  Not skipping work when you need to and then seeing a coworker just flake out because of laziness is bad enough.  I'm sorry.  Good vibes for your family.
  • Options
    Ditto Cew. I hate my arms, but everyone convinced me not to wear a jacket in my own wedding, so I hate all the pics. I should have stuck to my guns and wore it! My groomsmaid not only wore a green wrap with a black dress, she wore copper orange velvet block heels. I'm sure someone noticed, but she felt fabulous and that's what mattered to me. (And the fact that I can crop her feet out if I want to. ;)
  • Options
    Danielle - sorry to hear about your grandfather and your mom.
  • Options
    AC - I can't stand when that happens!  I'd go with Vogt's advice.  Eating something usually does the trick if drinking lots of water doesn't work.
  • Options
    Bec - I'm hoping that I can get tan enough that it will hide the grossness. I've inherited my mother's old lady arms and I hate it. I also plan on wearing a little sweater after the wedding. I'm just so self concious.
  • Options
    I just got an email from the nest. Leave me alone!!! That's it really. Work is...well, work. Nothing too terrible so far today. I really just want the next week to be over so I can go on my damn honeymoon already! Also, I think the world needs to get universal outlets/power. I don't care if the US changes, but I am having a PITA time finding a converter/adapter that doesn't suck according to reviews.
  • Options
    Salt - is there anyway we can randomly call and complain to a manager about our personal (made up) experiences with her work?  ;)  My vent.  SIL is pregnant......she is very hormonal.  Super mean to her husband.  Well the other night she was mad at her husband because he was wearing the wrong outfit to dinner (yes, I kid you not).  So she left him outside while she came in to MIL's house for a minute.  Lil Stack was sleeping, and had only been for only about 45 minutes.  SIL thinks it's a good idea to go wake up lil stack from her nap because she "just wanted to hug her for a minute" because she was mad at her husband.  Then after 25 minutes of leaving her husband in the car she finally leaves.  Leaving me with a VERY grumpy 2 year old that I had to deal with all night.  OH - and she can't stand when lil stack cries so she tries to give her suckers.  2 year olds DO NOT eat suckers, and it just makes lil stack mad at me everytime you show it to her and I have to tell you and her no.
  • Options
    I had one BM who wore a bolero jacket because she's Mormon and has the wedding garments that she wears for a bra, so it has sleeves. I think she looked great (not to mention that she was 5 months pregnant and still rocking the BM dress and heels). Everyone else wore strapless. [IMG]http://tinyurl.com/yh9vp2v[/IMG]
  • Options
    OMG Marina - that's fuucked up.  I hope he responded in kind, or at least if he didn't say anything to defend you it was because he was too dumbfounded to speak.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bec - I think you looked great. I think you have nice arms. As a matter of fact, I covet your arms.
  • Options
    Thanks Lauren and Cew, I'm very hopeful that that they caught my grandfather's early enough and keeping my fingers crossed that my mom only has pre-cancerous cells.And Bec that best man sounds awful.
    BabyFruit Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    My vent: My boss picked the wrong day yesterday to have a 2-hour phone conversation.  We got to a difficult part in one of our projects and the boss who's in charge of it never told me how to deal with it.  I tried to get other stuff related to the project done, but I was still horribly unproductive.  Hopefully today will be better.
    Married! 8/7/10
  • Options
    I don't have a specific vent, I'm just in a really crappy depressed mood. No real reason for it. I don't know I that makes I better or worse.
    Oh no we dropped the groom!! imagePlanning Bio UPDATED
  • Options
    Tide- he was speechless.  It was one of the partners (ie his boss),  and he was so surprised at the comment that it kindof passed him by. I'm SO annoyed with the partner. Rude much?!But I also wish FI hadn't told me about it either. He emphasized he finds me in no way whale-like - but I just wish he hadn't told me the story.Sometimes it's better not to hear what other people say.Anyways.
  • Options
    I'm recruiting in Nebraska. Yesterday, 6 students came to my table at the first school. Nobody showed up to my presentation at the second. I'm at the third now, knotting on my phone because the only person who has come to talk to me is the janitor who wanted a piece of candy. Sigh.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards