Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I can't take it anymore! (long)

I need to vent about FSIL-zilla. CLIFF NOTES: She SUCKS. I can't believe my brother is marrying this wench on Saturday. She's a control freak and DIYer gone mad. : - I spent FIVE HOURS on Saturday looking for a smaller than normal hole punch for her favors. Seriously. PS I did ALL the favors and she keeps telling people how the favors are "her favorite thing she did for the wedding". - My bro dropped off the groomsman gifts to be engraved, I offered to pick them up and wrap them for him. Bro was thrilled for the help (he works like 12-14 hr days). Apparently they need to be in the wedding colors so now she is doing it cause she has BOWS for GUYS presents. In the wedding colors. - When he got home, she freaked out over what he spent on the engraving saying "Why did you use the PREMIUM LETTERS!" I was with her earlier that day when she spent $220 on makeup. - She told BM that she and my bro agreed that he couldn't stay at their house cause her mom and two sisters were coming. He drove like 10 hrs down here for the wedding for a whole week to help out and has been cooking and cleaning for them. He went to pack, bro came home...he definitely didn't agree, they got in another fight and BM ended up leaving anyway cause she's such a peach. - Bro couldn't take off any days before the wedding. She informed me that it was cause he took "SO much time off for your wedding, he didn't have any time left to help me, so I have to do this by myself". Ok I was engaged first biatch, you knew my wedding was out there before you set your own date. Not my fault you had to cram your wedding up my butt! PS he took ONE day off for my wedding and she made him take FIVE off when her grandfather died cause she "couldn't handle it". And the entire five days was spent with her huge extended family so it's not like she was alone. Not my fault he has no PTO!!!! -She freaks out if there's blood in a movie. So in all this favor-making, wedding helping etc I've had to watch romantic comedies back to back. -She told her MOH she couldn't have a date because she would need her too much during the reception, MOH wouldn't have time for a date. I've HAD ITTTTTT!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I can't take it anymore! (long)

• Options
    She sounds like a treat, but I have to say, if it's so bad you shouldn't be helping her with all of this stuff.  Doesn't she have a MOH or BMs to help do her favors and wedding stuff?  Just say no man, just say no.
  • Options
    Screw that Bia! I would give her coal for Christmas and tell her it's from Santa. :)
  • Options
    I don't know what else to say except I feel genuinely bad for you.  She sounds intense.  Move far away.  Maybe offer your brother a ride out of there the day of the wedding if she wants to bolt?  Just sayin'...
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    It'll all be over on Saturday! But yeah, I agree with Dani, from now on just say NO to her.
  • Options
    I'm sorry :( She sounds like a gem!
  • Options
    She sounds like a peach...I bet you can't wait to be related to her.
  • Options
    I AM a BM (woeeee is meeeee). MOH and other two BMs live 3 hours away. I'm trying to help cause they both work long hours and stuff. I freaking LOVE my brother. If he wasn't such a stellar bro, there's no way I would do all this. We're really close. He's actually going to stay here tonight cause he's so mad about the best man ish.
  • Options
    Cew and I would like to offer our forking services for her yard. Just think about it, and if you need us, call.
  • Options
    See, if I were you, I'd make sure that the person driving her to the ceremony had the wrong directions... but that's just me ;) Seriously though, I'm really sorry.  She sounds like a huge pain in the asss and I'm even sorrier your brother is marrying the wench. Does he realize what he's doing?!?!? Or is there a good side to her that everyone will see once the wedding is over?
  • Options
    Nah, no good side. This is how she is. She started some huge problems two Christmases ago, she wanted bro to go to all THREE of her family celebrations (everyone is split up), and we got squat. That happens every holiday now. Bro is pvssywhipped. It sucks cause my parents kinda didn't make it a secret that they thought she was being wenchy, now they never get to see my brother. I'm trying to keep the peace so I can see him but AUGH! I'm also mad that she's having a head table without dates. My DH is really shy and she put him at a table with all her friends that he's never met before. We're both pissed. She's not going to be happy when I eat real quick and then go sit with him and "ruin the look".
  • Options
    I wouldn't sit at the head table. As soon as the food was out I'd move my plate to sit with DH. Send one of her friends to the head table. But I'm petty and mean like that.
  • Options
    She sounds like a peach.
  • Options
    Ooh, I'd definitely do what Bec suggested.  There wouldn't be any way I would eat away from my husband.  We're not doing a head table, I want my wedding party to eat with their spouses.  All that other stuff, how many red flags does your bro need?
  • Options
    Yeah, we didn't do a head table either. I have two step-daughters so the four of us sat at a table and then I seated my WP with people they know best. Bro and FSIL broke up like 2 years ago cause of her zilla-ness and then got back together a few months later. She was on her best behavior so he insisted he wanted to marry her, bought the ring and proposed. I told him to wait a while to make sure she really did change, and this wasn't a temporary act to get back in his good graces. They got engaged and she turned right back into a wench. She even tried to book the wedding within two weeks after mine so I'd still be on my HM. Brother threw a fit, she refused to move it until he said "well then you can't invite your sisters to make it fair" so she moved it. Apparently I "stole her colors" also. I keep wanting to say "It's only STEALING if I hadn't done it all first, crazy lady!!!!" I had my date, venue and colors picked out before she even got the ring. ARGGHHHHHH!
  • Options
    If I had to deal with this woman I think a can of paint would mysteriously throw itself all over the front of her wedding dress.
  • Options
    I don't think I would help her anymore. Sounds like a b!tch-zilla to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards