Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Silly FI

Yesterday, I asked FI to call 2 potential vendors for our bar to get prices.  Our venue will allow you to choose one of two vendors for alcohol, since they don't provide.He texts me at work to tell me he did it, and would leave the info on the kitchen table for me, since he would be at work when I got home.I come home, and the only thing on the table is a receipt.  I flip it over, and on the back he has written "$225"That's it - When he gets home, I ask him where the info was.  Oh, the back of the receipt was it.  He only asked how much a keg was.No set up, bartender, soda, wine, etc.Poor FI.  He didn't understand what the problem was.Gotta love him. 

Re: Silly FI

• Options
    You should have known better than ask him to do that...
  • Options
    My DH would do the same.  Just get the important information - details are left to others.  Gotta love them.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    mine would print out some online information from both providers' website - he just hates communicating with people over the phone, or in person... "If the info is online, why should I get frustrated over talking to someone?"... gotta love him :)
  • Options
    I'd probably have to tell FI, "Ask THESE questions...".  It's just usually easier to do it myself.
  • Options
    I can't say I have this problem. I'd come home and I'd have the vendors' life story written on the napkin ... but no final price. Not much better, I guess, lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    That's really cute.
  • Options
    LOL.  I thought it was kind of funny.  Oh well, I made him a list and asked him to try again.  Still haven't heard from him...
  • Options
    I literally made Q&A checklists for Pete when he had to go do this stuff. That worked out well, if I hadn't I'm sure I would have gotten the receipt with the price of a keg too.
  • Options
    There were a few things I asked DH to take care of while he was in Australia.  I literally made a spread sheet of questions with a seperate column for each vendor, so he could just write in the answer each one gave in the appropriate box.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I told FI that I swear they do this sort of thing so that we'll get frustrated and just do it anyway.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    That's pretty typical for my H as well.  One track mind!It's like asking him to do the dishes while I'm in class and I come home to no dishes in the sink, but all the stuff for making dinner is still on the counter.I should also work on being more explicit.  He obviously takes the literal route.  I really should just say, could you clean the KITCHEN.  I might get better results that way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That's too funny. Totally sounds like something my guy would do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards