Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

S/O Poll: What have you had stolen from you?

When we lived in New Haven our car was broken into multiple times. We lived in a great area too. I had my ipod stolen, gps stolen and some things I was returning to target. The best was some one stole all rubber linings out of the cup holders in my car. It just makes no sense.

Re: S/O Poll: What have you had stolen from you?

• Options
    H left his truck unlocked one night this past summer and somebody stole all of his change (which wasn't much), but didn't steal his expensive tools.  Morons.  They did however knock his prescription sunglasses onto the driveway and one of us ran them over...more than once.
  • Options
    When I was in Vietnam, I got a bunch of stuff stolen out of my locked bag (after it was given to the airline at the ticket counter).  They stole my black pearl earrings, my camera, my Gucci G watch (18th birthday present), along with a bunch of bootleg CDs and my Vietnamese candy.  I was so pissed about that candy.It's funny because my jewelry had been in a Vuitton handbag.  The bag wasn't stolen, I guess they assumed it was fake :).
  • Options
    In college, living in the student ghetto that is Isla Vista (in Santa Barbara), our apartment was broken into over Christmas break.  We had TVs, cameras and a lamp stolen.  Who steals lighting? Other than that, I've been fortunate.
  • Options
    I once had my car broken into.  They hit a movie theater at midnight and stole from me and 5 other cars.  The cops were useless.  They just took our statements.  I lost a fab camera setup that was worth over $1000 but I bought for $100.  And my wide angle lens was discontinued.  I was not happy.
  • Options
    My former stepdad's old best friend stole a bunch of my CDs to feed his crack addiction. Someone also broke into my car out front of my mom's old house and stole my car charger and some change that was in the cup holder.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    FI used to have a Chevy Tracker 4x4, it had a removable soft top with a zippered back plastic window.  TWICE, people sliced the back window open, right next to the zipper.  We never kept anything remotely valuable in it, except for a pair of nice Oakley sunglasses that they missed every time, and a few dollars.  Fixing the top was a SOB and expensive.Otherwise, we've been lucky and not had anything of value stolen.
  • Options
    My car was broken into once and they stole my iPod charger/auxiliary cable and jumper cables. And went through all my CDs.My townhouse was broken into once. They stole my roommate's jewelry, a few DVDs and my laptop. I loved that laptop. It was a Vaio. It got stolen 3+ years ago. I then had a Toshiba, but I got another Vaio yesterday! Yay!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Mr. Penny was just telling me yesterday that someone broke into one of his old business vans and stole his horn.  Nothing else.  I think that is so funny!
  • Options
    My garage at home was broken into when I was a teenager and my bike was stolen, along with various power tools. 
    Married! 8/7/10
  • Options
    My heart. FI stole it.
  • Options
    ::knocks on wood:: I've been fortunate thus far not to have anything stolen. I hope that doesn't change now.
  • Options
    Haha Vally. *gag*
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    When i was 16 my moms house was broken into, all of our cds were stolen, my mothers jewelry box was stolen, my BACKPACK was stolen, lots of random stuff.
  • Options
    Vally: *BARF*
  • Options
    You beeches are just jealous!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    My car got broken into several times when I lived in Charlotte.  The first time, my car was one of 4 cars in the parking lot they broke into.  I'm guessing mine was the last one and someone was coming because they stole nothing, only attempted to steal my CD player and broke it in the process.The 2nd time my CDs were stolen, but they were all burned copies.The 3rd time I was borrowing my grandpa's car. There was nothing of value in it.  They busted the glass which cost me $200 to replace to steal a handful of change and the entire contents of his glove compartment, including the title to the car (yay grandpa for thinking it's a good idea to keep the title to your car IN the car).Wes's ipod and ipod/radio adapter got stolen out of his car while he was getting it worked on, after I had hounded him about not leaving valeables in plain sight.  It was a week before he noticed it was gone, and the car place didn't believe me when I called to report it stolen.  I was more pissed at Wes for leaving his $400 Christmas present out in his car after I told him not to.  Guess he can have a new ipod when I get a new one and he gets my hand-me-down.
  • Options
    I've had my bike stolen. Boo!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    When I wass broken into they guy stole, my hige change jar, a pack if smokes and the pearls my dad gave me for my 18th b'day.  I managed to steer him away from the full length coyote fur coat and my great grandmothers 2 carat anniversary band that was in the bathroom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ring - I'll steal your honey like I stole yo' bike!My parents had booze stolen from the fridge in the garage. Can you believe that?! Right around prom time too. I can't possibly think of who could have done such a thing ::whistles idly::
  • Options
    One time I had my Gucci sunglasses stolen from me. It was due to my own stupidity though. I was at my college registering for classes and I needed a pen so I placed my sunglasses beside me on the bench I was sitting on so I could have a free hand to search in my bag. When I got up I left me sunglasses on the bench, by the time I realized I didn't have my sunglasses (which wasn't long at all, 30 seconds maybe) they were gone.Another time I had my Tiffany earrings stolen from me. I had them in one of the pockets in my bag at work (I took them out of my ears and put them in my bag because I didn't want to wear them while working). When I was leaving work and went to get the earring out of my bag, they were gone.  A few days later one of the employees was fired for stealing money out of the registers. I assume he was also the person who stolen my earrings. Other employees also had money/items stolen out of their bags while he was working.
  • Options
    my underwear, a yearbook, and some tapes (primus was one of them) from a psycho ex.
  • Options
    My mom's car got stolen from a mall parking lot in December, complete with our Christmas presents and my sister's infant carseat.  We had to wait for my aunt to find another car seat before she could come pick us up.  Good times!Also, my bike got stolen in Philadelphia during a summer internship/worst summer of my life.  I had no friends and all I did was ride my bike around the city, so it was pretty heartbreaking.
  • Options
    Elf- both those stories are so sad. Seriously, who steals a freaking car seat? That is like stealing a stop sign.
  • Options
    FI's brother and his girlfriend live next door to us.  Since they've lived there, they'd had both cars broken into and had cd's, cd player, money, and cigarettes stolen.  And their lawn mower was stolen from their front yard.We have yet to experience any type of theft, or even a theft attempt.  FI jokes that something is wrong with us and that the theives don't like us.  I'm so glad we have car alarms though, I'd be so freaked if someone broke into my car :(
  • Options
    Angiebear, I was just thinking about you.  I thought you may have GBCK'd.  How goes it?
  • Options
    M&M - I know, it was just mean!  We needed to get a new car quickly, and the first acceptable one we could come up with (my uncle works for a car dealership) was a bright red Mustang.  Which is totally convenient when you are loading a baby in and out of a car.  Also great for northeast winters.  Worst. Christmas. Ever.
  • Options
    A woman I used to work with had her house broken into twice in 3 days. The first time they took little things (CC's, jewellery etc). The second time they must have come back with a van or something because they took $10,000 worth of electronics that they had had less then a week. They had no insurance and the husband lost his job a couple of weeks later. She wasn't a nice person, so I guess that was her karma?
  • Options
    I had a diamond ring my grandmother gave me stolen, a bicycle in college (they cut the lock, bastards), and a radio out of my car.
  • Options
    Hi! Nope I've just been super busy at work. Things have finally started to slow down a little bit. I've been good. Thanks for asking.
  • Options
    My sister had her hub caps stolen ... which I guess wouldn't be weird if we lived in a bad neighborhood or if they were nice hub caps, but they were standard issue (On a Hyundai Accent, not a Benz or anything great) and we lived on a frickin' cul de sac in the section of Jersey where the shore borders the backwoods.One year for Christmas, FI enrolled me in a Bread of the Month club (Before you get all "your FI's an idiot", I actually LOVED it, lol), but had it set up to get delivered to his house. There were quite a few months where his neighbors (He DID live in a bad neighborhood) would steal the package off the door step.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards