Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bridesmaid's gone POOF!

One of my bridesmaids has dropped off the face of the planet. Usually we talk or at least text every couple of days. I haven't heard from her in almost 2 weeks, except one text that said "i'm busy" after I asked her where she's disappeared to. This was after I had the audacity to ask her to please not have her furniture delivered to her new condo the morning of our wedding so that she was sure she'd be there on time, as furniture delivery isn't the most on-time service.Apparently she'll be at my bach. party tonight... we'll see.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridesmaid's gone POOF!

• Options
    Well, huh. That's weird.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    AAH! you're having a margarita with Jim!!! I love Jim :)
  • Options
    Jim is the SHIIT! ;)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Agreed!!Really avoiding making snotty comments to BM about her being "busy".
  • Options
    When she said she's busy, did you ask her if everything is going ok with her. I have a feeling your last 1037 messages have been about your wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, people saying their busy is one of my least favorite excuses. Like HEY DO YOU ASSUME THAT IIIMMMM NOOOTTT BUSY? yes, yes I am. But I still make time for my friends.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    You're two weeks out. If you're anything like I was you're probably being more short with people than you normally on and she may have gotten offended. Or she may be genuinely busy. Moving in to a new place is fun, but it's a total time sink. I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy her company tonight. As for her furniture delivery...don't worry about that either, just give her a time to show up on your wedding day.
  • Options
    [i]When she said she's busy, did you ask her if everything is going ok with her. I have a feeling your last 1037 messages have been about your wedding.[/i]yep, text message i sent her was "getting worried, haven't heard from you. Hope you're alright!" Got back "im fine just busy".  Definitely not a 1037 messages about the wedding sort of girl.
  • Options
    Drunkin heart to hearts in the bathroom followed by hugs and squees during a night out on the town usually cure most shiit between friends in my group. Maybe that will work for you? Also, maybe one day my girlfriends will leave college. Maaaybe.
  • Options
    Drunkin heart to hearts in the bathroom followed by hugs and squees during a night out on the town usually cure most shiit between friends in my group. Maybe that will work for you? Also, maybe one day my girlfriends will leave college. MaaaybeWord. but I hope we always have a little college in us.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for some of mine to leave high school... tonight will have one of two outcomes: either everything will be fine, or i'll end up out one bridesmaid because she'll back out.
  • Options
    Please tell me you won't kick her out if she doesn't show up and that I'm just reading that wrong.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    oh good god no, i'm not a 'zilla at all like that! I'm saying that we'll end up in a huge fight and she'll back out.
  • Options
    If it's anything like my bachelorette party, the only reason she'll back out of the wedding is because you puke on her shoes while she's trying to walk you back to the hotel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards