Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Seriously FMIL?

So we were supposed to be celebrating my FI's nephew's birthday today, and my FMIL was throwing a party at her house. Well she hasn't been feeling well the past couple of days and we found out yesterday that she has some kind of flu virus and is highly contagious. It is very likely to be swine flu, we are waiting on test resultsAnyways, she had to cancel the party because she is contagious, and sick. Well fast forward to today, FI just got off the phone with her and the party has been moved to his grandparents house since it can't be at FMIL's house. Well FMIL has decided to come to the party now even though she is highly contagious and possibly has swine flu. I just don't understand why you would want to expose your loved ones to something like that. Just makes no sense to me.

Re: Seriously FMIL?

• Options
    Yeah someone needs to step in and tell her to stay the eff home!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Why other canceling the party at her house in the first place then?
  • Options
    *bother
  • Options
    Family or not, this is a situation where I would be telling her that since she is coming, I would not be attending.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Um, if I were that kid's parent, I would not let her near my kid.  No offense, but it's really affecting kids the most.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I already FI I'm not going because I don't agree with it.
  • Options
    Any idea what FI's sibling thinks of this.  This would be a "sorry Mom, we won't be coming.  We will reschedule." What is your FI going to do? After a family outing last month, 8 of the 11 of attending got the swine flu.  Someone REALLY needs to educate your FMIL that she is setting up the perfect storm for Thanksgiving.  It took almost 3 weeks for all of us to be in the clear.  Some get it first, some get it later.......trust me, someone needs to have a Come to Jesus chat with her about people getting sick or just recovering in time for Tday.  It takes a week or two to get your strength back.!
  • Options
    There is no way I would purposely expose my family to swine flu! Especially my kid. If it was my kid's birthday I would have to tell her she was no longer invited. That's ridiculous.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards