Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bachelor Party/Guest List Issue

So my fiance's bachelor party was this past weekend (our wedding is Sunday, January 17). He did not organize his party and it turns out the best man invited an acquaintance of their group to the party. The problem is, he was not invited to the wedding. Do we now have to invite him to the wedding? He is a nice person, but we just don't really have room for even one more (assuming every guest responds that they will attend). At the same time, I don't really want to offend him either. Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Bachelor Party/Guest List Issue

• Options
    If he's invited to the pre parties, he should be invited to the wedding. But I'm not really sure because your fiance didn't do the inviting... BUT if I was invited to a bachelorette party and then didn't get a wedding invite, I'd be pretty pissed.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Fische- Youre being helpful again...
  • Options
    I was once invited to a bachelorette party by one of the brides (and my) mutual friends. It was really fun to see her and spend the day with her but it did kind of suck that I didn't get to see the wedding. Then again, I didn't like the groom (went to high school with him too) so that may have factored in.She didn't get an invite to my wedding, yes she was shocked when I posted wedding pictures.
  • Options
    Well, if the best man didn't bother to ask who is on the wedding guest list, I don't think there's much you can do. I'd say no invite, and just explain what happened if anyone gets uppity.
  • Options
    Roxy, check out how fuucking helpful I was in the Ideas? Thread. Shiit.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Damn. Beyond helpful today...
  • Options
    If your FI didn't know he'd be there until he showed up at the bach party then this falls into the 'pleasant surprise' face that you get to have if someone does this to you at your bachelorette party or shower.What the guy did wasn't correct but if you don't have the space or don't want him at the wedding don't invite him - as long as no one led him on by allowing him to be on the guest list in the first place.
  • Options
    who are you and what have you done with Guppy?
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    I don't think you have to invite him, but if he really was the only one there but not invited to the wedding it would really kind of suck to be him. I would honestly try to invite him if you could.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Have your invites gone out yet?
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    If possible, it would be great to invite him.  However, guys seem to see things differently - a lot of FI's friends who know they aren't invited to the wedding wanted to go to his stag just for the fun boys night out.  He may not even expect an invite.
  • Options
    The invites went out a little over a week ago and I haven't gotten enough responses back yet to know if I would be able to accommodate him. I feel awful because I would never include someone in a pre-wedding celebration who was not also invited to the wedding, but the best man exclusively handled this and didn't consult my fiance for the guest list. I don't think he will be personally offended because we really don't see him often (my fiance and I have been together over 7 years and we've been in his company maybe a half dozen times). Thanks so much for all the helpful advice. It is greatly appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards