Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Baby poll

1. How often are you asked about your future family plans?2. How many kids do you want, and do you and your FI/H agree?3. When do you want said kids?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby poll

• Options
    1. How often are you asked about your future family plans?At least once a day. It's gotten worse since all of my friends/siblings are having kids.2. How many kids do you want, and do you and your FI/H agree?I really just want one, if any.3. When do you want said kids?Not now, that's for sure.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    1. How often are you asked about your future family plans?I feel like it's constantly.  We get questions at least once every other day.2. How many kids do you want, and do you and your FI/H agree?None, and yes we agree3. When do you want said kids?Never
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    1. I get asked when we're going to get married a lot. My bestfriend ask me weekly when we're going to have a baby.2. I want 3 or 4. He says none but when he's serious he says 2-3.3. ASAP. Right after we get married, I'd love a honeymoon baby
  • Options
    1.  All the time2.  2 or three3.  In a few years. No hurry.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    1) We aren't asked about family plans exactly because those close to us know that we're trying. I do get the "Are you pregnant yet" a lot though. No ...nothing has changed since yesterday...2) We both want 2 or less. The kids don't outnumber the parents3) We're trying now. I would love to get pregnant in the next 6 months or so. Dh wants to have kids while he's young enough to enjoy/keep up with them.
  • Options
    1. How often are you asked about your future family plans? Not much. One of my coworkers/close friends asked, as did FBIL. It's not to that annoying point yet though. It doesn't bother me because we do want kids on the sooner side.2. How many kids do you want, and do you and your FI/H agree? I want 2. FH says "at least one." One time he mentioned 3... I'm not even sure if he knows.3. When do you want said kids? I think I'll stop taking the pill around or a little before our 1st anniversary. Then see what happens and if there's no pregnancy after about 6 months we may try harder.
  • Options
    1. Like once a week--people know that we aren't going to start trying until we buy a bigger house. It would be way too crowded and wouldn't be fair for baby. 2. I want 3--DH wants a boy, so he said we are going to keep trying until we get a boy when the time comes. I could turn out to be octo-mom. 3. Hopefully in the next year or so, hopefully before 30, but I hear the 30's are the new 20's so that might be better to do early thirties.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. weekly2. 1-2, i would be a happy with 13. in 2 or 3 years
  • Options
    1.  Not very often as most of our circle knows I can't have kids without surgery2.  We agree one, possibly two3.  As soon as we can afford for me to have a TL reversal
  • Options
    1. Not so much. Our family doesn't live near us, so they don't bug us that often with that question. Our friends don't have kids either, so they don't ask too. 2. We both want 2 (he wants twins...I have no idea how that is going to work) 3. I said in two years he said in 4 years....we will see who is right later
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. Not that often; my family/friends know my intentions.2. I only want 1 I think, but FI thinks we need 2 to keep each other company.  Not convinced yet.3.  Like, yesterday.  NOOOOWWW. 
  • Options
    1. How often are you asked about your future family plans? Not too often. I think the idea of me having kids freaks my parents out--they still see me as their baby. 2. How many kids do you want, and do you and your FI/H agree? I want two to three; FI wants like 8. No joke. I said I'll have three of those, and he can figure out a way to birth the others himself. 3. When do you want said kids? I would like to start trying in about 4 years. Fi wants to start trying yesterday. I can't wait to see his face the first time he changes a diaper and realizes that 8 kids= way more dirty diapers than anyone ever would want.
  • Options
    1.  Not too often.  It was much more when we first got marred, but those people have gotten the hint.  (Plus, DH is unemloyed and I don't think anyone is going to encourage babies when we're so strapped for cash)2.  2 for sure.  3 if we think we can handle it emotionally and financially.  I really think we'll end up with 2 kids with about 3 years between them.  DH once wanted 3-4, now he says two will be plenty.3.  I would like to start trying in about a year.  DH would probably be happy waiting 3 years.  I think once he gets a job, he'll be much more willing to start the baby phase of life.  The second will (hopefully) be 3ish years later.
  • Options
    1. Not yet,,, except for from my mother. 2. 1-2, and I think he leans more towards 2. i'm trying to lean more towards 1. 3. After I get to ABD in my PhD program, which at this point will look like around 4 years from now, when we'll be 31 and 39.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    1.  Not very often.  People know we're still kind of getting on our feet after law school/the bar exam.2.  3.  We agree.  We don't want an only child if we can avoid it, we don't like the direct competition that happens when you have 2 (especially of the same sex, as was the case with both of us), and 4 is too many.3.  We'll probably start trying in late 2011.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    1. How often are you asked about your future family plans? All the time - particularly at family gatherings.  Thanksgiving should be a hoot!2. How many kids do you want, and do you and your FI/H agree? I think we're both on board with 2.  3 is absolute max and I don't know that it's realistic unless we wind up with multiples.3. When do you want said kids? We've been married for two years so we'd be OK with anytime now. 
  • Options
    1. hardly ever, except by this crazy lady I work with 2. 2 to 3 and yes- although when we first started dating, he told me he wanted 12 kids b/c he was an only child and wanted a big family. I told him he could push out the other 10! 3. in 5 or so years
  • Options
    1.) Teased more, but not really seriously proded about it. Enough of our friends have kids to distract others.2.) I want 4 or 5 kids (thinking more and more that I want 5). don't actually know how much hubby wants....3.) don't want to start trying for at least 3 years (no way we're remotely financially ready for babies).
    kablah.....that is all.
  • Options
    1. How often are you asked about your future family plans?  Strangely enough, more often then not, it's people joking that I'm pregnant right now or that I should be, because they want babies from us so bad!  This isn't even my family, it's the people at my church... hello, let me get married first.2. How many kids do you want, and do you and your FI/H agree?  I think I would like 3.  FI thinks that's a good number.3. When do you want said kids?  Not for another few years, depending on how our careers go.... FI is thinking of going back to school starting next year, so we'd have to figure out how to make it all work.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1.  Actually, not that often.  Our families never bugged us.  My bff would say it, but she just wants us to have kids close in age.2.  2 or 3 and we agree.3.  Um, 7 months sounds good.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    1. How often are you asked about your future family plans?  Not very often.  Our families know kids are still a long way off for us and wouldn't want it any other way.2. How many kids do you want, and do you and your FI/H agree?  I think we'd both like 2 or 3.  3. When do you want said kids?  Probably not for at least another 5 years. 
    Married! 8/7/10
  • Options
    1. How often are you asked about your future family plans?surprisingly not that often yet... maybe 1x a month?2. How many kids do you want, and do you and your FI/H agree?We disagree - I want 3, he wants 2.  I used to want 5 when i was a kid, then 4.  Now I'm at 3.  Hopefully our first 1 or 2 turn out so great that he comes around to the concept of a 3rd.3. When do you want said kids?prob TTC soon :)
  • Options
    1. How often are you asked about your future family plans?not often at all, hardly ever actually.2. How many kids do you want, and do you and your FI/H agree?Probably no more than two. 3. When do you want said kids?we won't try for another 2-3 years, I'm fairly certain. A newer, bigger house and better jobs would have to happen before kids did.
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • Options
    We're asked about every 6 months or so.  Pretty much every time we see my great aunt.  I'm more in the "yes to kids" camp than DH is, but nothing is for sure.  If we have any, it will be two. We won't start TTC for at least 5 years, if at all. 
  • Options
    1. How often are you asked about your future family plans?Not all that often, actually. Our parents have been pretty good about that... but I'm sure people will start asking once we get married.2. How many kids do you want, and do you and your FI/H agree?We both come from slightly larger families, 3 kids for him and 4 for me. I'd be happy with any number, but 3 or 4 would be cool, since we both really want to be parents. I haven't asked him about exact numbers because I want to make sure we're both physically able to have one first.3. When do you want said kids?After I finish my dissertation. Because if I have a baby first, my dissertation will be about baby feet, rather than about bronze men with guns like it's supposed to be.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    1.  Not too often, surprisingly.  I must have quelled those questions years ago.2. IF we have kids, I'd be okay with 2, a third oops will be acceptable, after that we're getting snipped and tied.3. Probably in the next few years, we'll make a decision to either have or not have kids.
  • Options
    1. once a week2. I'm old, so whatever mother nature gives us is fine3. 38...  I never wanted kids until I met DH.... Now I might not have them.. That is fine, We realize it might not happen..

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    1.  Its not asking any more its planning it for me.  Supposedly I am going to start TTC within months of getting married.  My mom already has 5 grandkids!!! (well 4 and one on the way)   2. 2.5, obviously we don't exactly agree hence the 1/2 a child.  I keep telling him you always round up when its 0.5 so I will win! :)   3.  I want them sooner than FI he wants to play for a while, but I don't want to be 30 having my first of 3 kids. I want to be able to play later in life!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    1. No one has ever asked, except the pastor when we did premarital counseling. 2. I want 3, FI wants 2. 3. I want to start in 2 years, but budget and FI wise, probably in 5.
  • Options
    Yea, not to be a Duggar here but We're never getting tied or snipped. BC will be used but no permanent choices. I want the kids younger so we can retire young like my parents did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards