Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Exercise Poll

1. How often do you exercise?2. How long do you exercise for?3. What kind of exercise do you like to do most?4. Do you consider yourself a fit person?5. What percentage of your exercise is cardio/strength and resistance training?
my read shelf:
Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale

Re: Exercise Poll

• Options
    1.  4-6 days a week. 2.  Depends.  30 minutes to an hour, usually. 3.  I go through phases.  Generally, I like running, biking, kickboxing, weightlifting, and Jillian Michaels DVDs. 4.  Yes. 5.  I probably do 70% cardio and 30% weight training.  It's hard to say, though, because some of the exercise I do is both.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    1. How often do you exercise? Right now 3-4 days a week, but im looking to get back up to a solid 5 once my knees are better2. How long do you exercise for? Im usually at the gym for an hour and a half-2 hours.3. What kind of exercise do you like to do most? I prefer strength training but I enjoy biking on spin bikes and rowing.4. Do you consider yourself a fit person? Yes. Im overweight but im strong and im fit.5. What percentage of your exercise is cardio/strength and resistance training? Im too lazy to do the math but I generally do 45 min of cardio and 45-60 min of strength training. If i just do cardio its for 60min.
  • Options
    - 5 days a week- 30 minutes to an hour.  I commute by bike, about 1/2 hour one way, so I bike round-trip when the weather's nice and this time of year when it's too cold in the morning, I bus in and bike home.  - Biking (obviously), and sometimes I'll do a 30-day shred episode or Yoga Today podcast.  - Not anymore!  :-/  - Oh, about 10% these days.  I should do more...  ugh. 
  • Options
    1. Every other day (M-W-F-Su-Tu-Th-Sa-M-W-...)2. On average, 45 minutes3. Running, running, running4. Yep5. Way more cardio, but working the strength training in to tone up my arms for the wedding
  • Options
    1. How often do you exercise? At least 4 days a week 2. How long do you exercise for? At least an hour 3. What kind of exercise do you like to do most? Weight lifting. I'm doing this aerobics class right now too though, that includes weights and cardio and really like that. 4. Do you consider yourself a fit person? Yes. 5. What percentage of your exercise is cardio/strength and resistance training? Right now, probably 40% cardio, 40% strength, 10% core work. I'm going to be upping the cardio and core work, though.
  • Options
    I love that this poll came out today! I just got a Wii Fit over the weekend, so it's fitness time at Casa de Panda 1. Pre Wii Fit the schedule was tragic. Now I'm hoping to do concentrated excercise at least 5 days a week. 2. I plan on at least 60 minutes a day. 3. Not sure so far.... When I had a Curves membership I liked resistance training but hated cardio.4. I'm with Nebb on this- I'm overweight but I'm fit. I don't get winded easily and I am stronger and have more stamina than a lot of thin people I know.5. I'm going to make it at least 50% cardio. I have heard the Wii Fit can make it fun and I hope to god that's true.
  • Options
    1. How often do you exercise? - 6-7 days a week2. How long do you exercise for? - 1.5-2.5+ hours depending on what I am doing; minimum of 1.5 hours though.3. What kind of exercise do you like to do most? - running and yoga/hot yoga. The city FI and I now live in does not have a Bikram/hot yoga studio (we used to go to a great one in our old city) however we set up a hot yoga room in our place, complete with wall mirrors and Bikram's CD, a heater, a humidifier and practice together 2-3 times a week. 4. Do you consider yourself a fit person? - yes5. What percentage of your exercise is cardio/strength and resistance training? - about 60-70% cardio (running) and the remainder a mixture of strength/flexibility/balance (mostly via hot yoga)
  • Options
    Ok you guys are making me feel VERY lazy. I haven't worked out in about 2 months now, though before the wedding I was doing a good 4x a week. I need to get back on the bandwagon!!!!
  • Options
    1. about 4 to 6 times a week2. Hour3. Is none a correct answer? 4. Yes5. 2  times a week strength
  • Options
    Ive been in a bad mood today and feeling tired and crummy... this thread is making me feel bad though and want to go to the gym after work despite whatever mood I might be in.
  • Options
    This confirms my suspicion.  I need to increase my workout time.  I work out frequently, but apparently not long enough.Good to know.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    1. Usually 5-6 times a week, but I have a stress fracture now so I don't do much.2. 30 minutes to 2 hours 3. Running is my favorite, but I can't do that right now, which is why I'm so lazy.4. Not right now.  I'm so out of shape & I'm scared because my dress is coming next week!5. I'm bad with strength training.  When I'm not injured, it's about 90% cardio.  Now I'm split pretty even with strength & cardio.
  • Options
    Night_Sprite, one thing I fell into was if I couldn't make it to the gym for an hour, hour and a half, I wouldn't go. Any amount of time is better than nothing, so even if you can only go for 30 minutes, still do it.
  • Options
    1. How often do you exercise?3 or 4 days a week.2. How long do you exercise for?A half hour-ish.3. What kind of exercise do you like to do most?I use the elliptical most of the time.4. Do you consider yourself a fit person? Meh.  I could definitely do better.5. What percentage of your exercise is cardio/strength and resistance training?No clue.
  • Options
    Nebb I always found that going to the gym helped me feel better on a cranky day. Hope it turns out that way for you!
  • Options
    Very good point, Nicole.We just bought a magnetic resistance bike.  I think I may end up reading and doing homework on it more often.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    1. How often do you exercise? 2-3 times a week2. How long do you exercise for? hour - 1.5 hours3. What kind of exercise do you like to do most? I prefer the low impact cardio4. Do you consider yourself a fit person? It depends. I've been sick a lot lately so I just feel like a weakling.5. What percentage of your exercise is cardio/strength and resistance training? 70% cardio, 30% weights/strength
  • Options
    BostonBride, I feel the same way!  I had been very good about working out 4 or 5 times a week, but since I've started this contract job, I've fallen off the wagon.  Must get back on track!
  • Options
    How long do you work out, Sprite?  You need at least 20 minutes of cardio just to get into the fat-burning zone, so if I can't get in at least a half hour, I don't bother.1.  3-5 days a week2.  30 minutes to an hour3.  lately, swimming.  I started it this summer after I sprained my ankle and had to take a break from running.4.  Mostly.  My biggest health problem is cholesterol and that's more of an eating issue than an exercise issue, but it's not bad enough to encourage me to change my eating habits.5.  50/50
  • Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention that when I work out, it is for 1.5-2 hours, 4 or 5x a week.
  • Options
    I've been doing 30-45 minutes of a cardio/strength mix and eating healthy with the size of myself staying the same.  I'm going to up it to an hour a day.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Yeah, I usually feel worse if I dont go than if I force myself to go. I really beat myself up over it because I still have a lot to lose. I might as well just suck it up and go, I have my gym clothes in my car anyways.
  • Options
    1. 6 days a week2. 1-3 hours3. Running, running, and more running...love long distance training. Sometimes I elliptical for x-training. I also do some weight lifting and ab exercises to stay toned up top.4. Yes5. 90% cardio and 10% weights...I need to increase my strength exercises for the wedding though. 
  • Options
    I've been doing 30-45 minutes of a cardio/strength mix and eating healthy with the size of myself staying the same. I'm going to up it to an hour a day.Honestly, if you're doing this 5 days a week, then this should be enough. More exercise is great but not necessary. Sounds to me like you need to tweak your workouts and especially your diet to lose weight. If I were you, I'd try eating 5 small meals a day and cut out high glycemic-index carbs. And if you're only doing a 30 minute workout, make it really intense.(I sound like a broken record, but I totally dig the pholosophy of this Harley Pasternak guy and his 5-factor fitness. 25 minutes a day working out five days a week and I got awesome results.)
  • Options
    1. How often do you exercise? 5-6x a week2. How long do you exercise for? 45 - 90 min3. What kind of exercise do you like to do most? I prefer cardio but since I am doing P90x right now, it's a lot of strength.4. Do you consider yourself a fit person? I am stronger than I give myself credit for, but could use some work on the cardio aspect.  5. What percentage of your exercise is cardio/strength and resistance training? 3x a week, roughly half.
  • Options
    1. 4-5 times a week2. 30-60 minutes3. swimming4. not right now no. i USUALLY am however.5. 50/50. I should do more weights however i have to be really careful with lifting and my back. :(
  • Options
    1. How often do you exercise?: Once a week, if that.  I can't get motivated to exercise.2. How long do you exercise for?: Normally about 30 minutes.3. What kind of exercise do you like to do most?: Step class4. Do you consider yourself a fit person?: No5. What percentage of your exercise is cardio/strength and resistance training?: 90% is cardio and 10% is strength
  • Options
    1. How often do you exercise? 4-5 times a week2. How long do you exercise for? 45 minutes to an hour3. What kind of exercise do you like to do most? running4. Do you consider yourself a fit person? Yeah. I watch what I eat, exercise, and drink a ton of water.5. What percentage of your exercise is cardio/strength and resistance training? I'd say it's 60% cardio and 40% strength. I do a weightlifting class twice a week, and do weights on my own 1 of the other days. I try to get a run in about 3 times a week.
  • Options
    Nightsprite, i knwo some people dont like it but are you counting calories or keep track of what youre eating in any way? It has really helped me by keeping all of that written down everyday and staying within the calories I should be eating.
  • Options
    1. . How often do you exercise? usually three days a week--Tuesday, Thursday, and either Saturday or Sunday. 2. How long do you exercise for? Usually an hour at most; I get bored pretty easily, unfortunately, even if I have my ipod. 3. What kind of exercise do you like to do most? Running. I hate it but I love it. And I used to horseback ride, and I really really miss that. 4. Do you consider yourself a fit person? Pretty fit, although I have almost no upper body strength. 5. What percentage of your exercise is cardio/strength and resistance training? It's almost all cardio. I get so bored/unmotivated using machines and weights.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards