Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

When and how do you say "No kids!"

Hello everyone,When and how do you let your kids know the event is adults only?  I wanted to post something on our website to get the message out early, but I am not really sure how to say it tactfully. Also, if it is on the website, do we still put it on the invitation?Thank you for any advice you can offer!

Re: When and how do you say "No kids!"

• Options
    Do not post it on your website.  Address the invites to the people how are invited (so no kids names on the invites) and leave it to your guests to understand what that means.  If someone RSVPs for a child call them and politely explain that children are not invited.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Our guests understand the names on the envelope are the only ones invited to a wedding.  So we just did not put there names on the envelope.  It was a non-issue for us.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    How to Specify an Adults Only Wedding | eHow.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Address the invite to the people you're inviting only.  Not a fan of putting things like "adult only" or whatever on the site or invites.  If people RSVP with kiddos, you call and break the news.  You can expect some backlash, but IMO it's worth it if it's what you really want.
  • Options
    I wouldn't put the words "No kids" or "Adults Only" anywhere ... there really isn't a tactful way to word it. Just address the envelopes to exactly who you are inviting. If anybody assumes you meant to include their kids and RSVPs for them (Which, I haven't encountered this, but I know other people have), then you or your FI pretty much call and inform them "Envelope specified who was on the invite, notice that your kids weren't listed" (Obviously, find a nicer way to say this).

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    We put "Adult only reception immediately following ceremony"Plus, we wrote in the number of people invited on each RSVP card
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards