Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

phrases/questions you hate.

How goes it?How's it hanging?What do you figure?

Re: phrases/questions you hate.

• Options
    It is what it is.
  • Options
    "Turn that frown upside down."
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    "Take care of yourself." It implies to me that you won't see that person ever again. I don't like "How's it hanging?" either.
  • Options
    I don't care for "How are you?" or any other forced greeting. Do you really care how am I if you are shouting it as you walk past me down the hall? No. Just say Hey and leave it be.
  • Options
    "Have a safe flight." I'm neither God nor the pilot so it's really out of my hands.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    How goes it, P2?  How.Goes.It.Any plans for the weekend?How was your weekend?Whatcha' got going this weekend?Clearly, I am bothered by questions about my weekend.  It isn't sincere.  More often than not the person asking, doesn't give two shiits.  
  • Options
    PreggersPreggoLOL

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Ever since I did a show with the phrase "be safe" in it and we giggled at the euphamism it is, I can't say it seriously.  Which I know isn't what you asked, but oh well. I also HATE when people say "hi, how are you?" in passing when you clearly don't have time to answer.  Just say "hi" and be done with it because I know you really don't care.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Damn it, vally.  Sorry.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Great minds, Sucrets :)
  • Options
    Can you make this pretty for me? Just use your magic wand.I bet Rebecca can learn how to do that for us. Mine are all work-related. I have GOT to get thefuck out of this place.
  • Options
    Almost anything uttered out of my 6th graders mouths, their grammar is atrocious."I ain't got no""Man, don't hate on me man!""Whatchu"
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    "At the end of the day" - this is WAY overused and stupid"You go, girl!" or "Hey, girl!" or anything with "girl" at the end of it
  • Options
    "Whatchu"I even hate this phrase in songs.  Hate it."I'm here for you..."  Said mostly in terrible dating shows on VH-1, but really, any dating show.
  • Options
    When people tell me to smile.  HATE that.  Maybe I'm happy and just don't want to smile all the time.  Or maybe I'm not happy, so why should I be smiling?  Seriously, who has a smile plastered on their face all the time anyway?  Fake people, that's who.
  • Options
    My old boss used all of these on a daily basis... "It is what it is" "That's how I roll" "Rockstar" "And at the end of the day..."
  • Options
    cocoreo, I'm guilty of the smile thing, but only to my students. They just act so grumpy and like they hate the world, it's depressing to be around 80 kids that look like they're going to go jump off a bridge.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    That's okay, whit.  Honestly, when people say it, I probably look pretty grumpy.
  • Options
    "How's married life treatin' ya?" "...but having said that..." "I don't care, whatever you want is fine" "Can I ask you a question?"
  • Options
    "That's so true.""Fo shizzle, my nizzle," or any variation of this. It's 2009.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    "That's a whole nother story." Nother is not a word or type of story.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    "all on the same page"
  • Options
    Actions speak louder than words. Maybe I just heard that too often growing up but I hate that.
  • Options
    "whatnot" I also hate the "hey, how are you?" when clearly, they don't care and don't want to hear your answer.  I'm okay with just saying "hi" or even just a smile, really.And, while not a question or a phrase (but just something that is really getting on my nerves lately), the unsolicited wedding planning advice --- I didn't ask you how should I plan my wedding, I haven't complained about the planning, and I haven't even given you details.  Therefore, I am not asking for advice/help/suggestions.  Please stop, it's really annoying.  If I want your 2 cents I'll ask for it, I promise.Granted I also find it annoying when people try and "fix" a problem I have vented about --- I was doing just that, venting, not asking for your ideas on how to make it better.  There is a BIG difference.Thank you, I needed to get that out!
  • Options
    rkroer, I think I know how you can fix your problem about venting.j/k

• Options
    "it is what it is"  I almost cried when I read that kate#sI had a prof that would answer almost all of your questions with that response.   Just imangine it being said by the character on The Princess Bride that always says "inconceivable"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    ..and such "If you so desire.."
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards