Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

F/U to FML & Terrorists

Even if Shiekh Mohammad, et al trial is in NYC, it will take at least 45 days minimum to start.My summons is for 12/10.I asked my lawyer if being 9/11 survivor AND being against the death penalty would get me tossed off the jury anyhow and he said yes.Dodged that one

Re: F/U to FML & Terrorists

• Options
    I saw this in amNews this morning. What do you think the odds are that the trial actually takes place in NYC? I would imagine their lawyer would argue that there would be an unfair bias against them in NYC. ALthough where he thinks he can go that wouldn't have a bias, I don't know...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't imagine they wouldn't move to change the venue of the trial.Don't worry OOT though--if I was a defense attorney, asking the potential jurors if any of them were 9/11 survivors (as opposed to people who just lived in NYC) or lost relatives would definitely be my first question in jury selection.  You'd be out in a second.
  • Options
    I read that they may try to transfer gitmo prisoners to a facility in Illinois that is barely used until the trial.NYC trail? I don't give ashit about them but putting our city, already in #1 spot for terrorist attack, is just plain stupid. Bloomberg is loving it though.  Rudy thinks the president has lost his marbles and I happen to agree.
  • Options
    Thanks, Money Penny!  I thought that might just be a dead give away to how I feel about those bastards
  • Options
    That's really good news, oot, I'm glad. And I agree about el presidente.
  • Options
    Hi, OOT. ♥  
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    :) fisheI can't remember how to do the hearts&;7
  • Options
    damn, that wasn't right
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards