Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Question about tipping

Recently I went to a bridal show and won a free engagement session valued at $350. I have not called and set up a time to do our engagement pictures, probably going to wait until spring. But I got to thinking, do I have to tip the photographer? We will not be using him for anything else besides the engagement session due to having a destination wedding. Thank you!

Re: Question about tipping

• Options
    I would tip the photographer.I would also be sure this really is "free".  Those bridal shows are a way for vendors to get you hooked, so be sure you read all the fine print before agreeing to anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Since it didn't cost you anything, I would. I don't know the etiquette, but I personally would give him $50 or so.
  • Options
    ditto danie.  read the fine print.  maybe its free only if you book him for the wedding too.  or free only if you buy X number of prints.  
  • Options
    I did not tip my photographer.  He is the only person with his business.  If it was someone who worked for a photographer then I would tip them.  I think since you got a free engagement session though it would be nice to throw the photographer $50 to $100 since they will be taking pictures, and developing them for you.  Especially since you will not be using them for anything else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards