Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: *

• Options
    My coworker has these and she will actually make her husband sleep on the couch for whatever it was she imagined he did in her dream. I guess he's used to it because they've been together for a bazillion years.
  • Options
    It sounds like you're stressed about your relationship, due to the fighting, and this is your mind's way of releasing that stress.  Don't dig too deeply for meanings behind dreams.  Sometimes you just need to take them at face value.  They're stories your mind makes up.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Sorry, I misread your last line. I thought it said you were fighting.Either way though, the rest of my post still stands.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Sometimes dreams about your relationship might have nothing to do with your relationship but something completely different. Write down the themes and look them up.
  • Options
    lol I TOTALLY wake up mad at my FI for stuff he does in my dreams.
    226 Invitedimage 153 Are Ready to Partyimage 68 Are Washing Their Hairimage 5 Better Not Make Me Hunt Them Downimage RSVP Date: June 15
    July 10, 2010
    imageimage
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Your relationship is in a transitional stage right now--getting engaged & married etc. You've probably never been so vulnerable to someone as you are to your FI right now and your brain is processing these feelings through nightmares where one of your big fears is being played out. That's my guess, at least. Sounds totally normal.
  • Options
    I totally agree with Nebb. I bet the dreams have nothing to do with your man. Do you have anxiety about being "left/ditched" by friends? Coworkers? Family?I agree - I would not stress about it. Laugh about it with your man. :)
  • Options
    I think you are worrying a lot IRL about things you can't control (cancer) and it's manifesting itself in your dreams as other things you can't control. That's what happens to me when I worry. BTW, did you get your hair cut? I loved that thread last week but I was way late in reading it. I want to see!
  • Options
    I doubt these dreams mean anything.  My H once had a dream that I cheated on him with Tom Selleck (barf) and was very mad at me the next morning.  Hehe! And never have I once cheated on him, especially not with Magnum PI.
  • Options
    Dammit, Bec beat me to it. But I do agree that sometimes your dreams can have nothing to do with the actual content... on the other hand, I think the fear of loss can be pretty intense and generalizable in situations like yours. I've had these dreams too about H, and notice them more during times of stress and feeling like things are slipping out of my control. Good luck, and don't beat up your FI too much in the middle of the night!

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Tom Selleck... wow Thanks guys, you're all probably right. Dreams are so strange.  
  • Options
    I dreamt that DH (before he was DH) didn't show up at the altar. I woke up in tears. I kept asking him over and over if he was sure he wanted to get married, and he told me it was a silly question, but I made him tell me yes. I hate those dreams. I have chronic, severe long-term (we're talking like 10 years+) insomnia, that I take medication for, nearly nightly.  Lack of sleep messes with other issues going on, and that's a biitch for me (and others). I agree, that it's likely the stress of all that's going on in other areas of your life. It makes it so much harder when you wake up from sleep as tired as when you laid down the night before.... Hang in there, gina!
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    You should probably punch him in the face and tell him to quit leaving you in your dreams.  That should solve the problem ;)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards