I emailed all the vendors. It has been cancelled. I know we had a few more days to decide but I couldn't stand just waiting. I just want to move on.
If you don't remember, my dad has 3-5 months to live and the wedding is in 4 months. I just flew back yesterday from visiting him and he's clearly declining since my visit 2 months ago.
I am formulating an email to all my guests now. Is it OK to email? Everyone was asked to hold off on travel plans via email about 4 weeks ago. It's about 25 households we have to notify. We don't know if we'll do a celebration party down the road or not, so I wouldn't call it a postponement.
Would it be weird to later decide we are doing a celebration party, like MONTHS down the road, after we've done this official cancellation?
I am mourning the Jackson Hole wedding that never was, but I am very relieved of all the little details I don't have to worry about anymore! We're thinking of a kicka$$ elopement/honeymoon in the Canadian Rockies. We want to do one of those hut to hut gourmet food hiking trips over glaciers where you can only get to them by helicopter. I'm hauling my dress in, even if we do a heli wedding. We're going to make it super special and splurge on oursevles. I can move on now.
Of course no idea when this will happen but something to distract me in the meantime. Now we have more money to fly home more often.