Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: An Earthquake in Chicago?

• Options
    I was in Chicago in early 2008 and was woken up by an earthquake there.  It was all over the morning news the next day.  I wonder what's going on there...
  • Options
    There was indeed an earthquake today and one a few years back just west of Chicago.  I live in the city and felt neither.  I kind of wish I did.  That would be a much better story. 
  • Options

They said the epicenter was about 50 miles NW of Chicago.  I live just to the North of Chicago, but didn't feel anything.

• Options

I live in Madison, WI and it was all over the news here too... lots of people felt it around here.  We didn't feel it, but the dog got up and shot over to the window at 4:00a.m.  It was really weird because I thought it was 5:30 (when we normally get up)... the dog NEVER does that.  H got up and even turned on the lights.  Like 5 minutes later we realized that it was only 4:00... then the morning news said it was a small earthquake!

• Options
    My FI and I woke up at 4 to the entire house shaking, including the bed. I thought it was just a snow plow at first. FI thought that our house was caving it. I turned on the news to see that it was indeed an earthquake, the epicenter was about 10 miles from our house.
    I will never let you fall. I'll stand up with you forever. I'll be there for you through it all ... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Guys, it's the mole-people. Come on now.
  • Options
    I love that the one person's first reaction was to get on Twitter. Not check the house, not call the cops or her friends, but get on twitter.
  • Options
    I live in Evanston, just north of Chicago, and FI and I slept through it. Now, FI slept through the fire alarm going off the other day, but I'm normally a pretty light sleeper!
  • Options
    I was surprised to learn that Edmonton is actually on a fault line and has very minor tremors in the past. 

I'm not sure anything here is actually built to survive an earthquake so it almost worries me.  But not really.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    Hmm.  ::crosses "no earthquakes" off of list of reasons to move to Chicago::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards