Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Asking a bridesmaid

Hi everyone, I have another question that I think I already know the answer to, but I want to make sure.

Like many, I had a great core group of friends in high school, and stayed in touch with some, but not others through the last few years. Recently, I've gotten back in touch with one, and can't imagine her not standing up there with us on our big day, but I've already asked my bridal party. Would it be wrong to ask her now? 

Re: Asking a bridesmaid

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_asking-a-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:12b69d51-28d7-469e-994b-f9f02ed33450Post:62b34626-4d48-453d-852d-8450bc1c2ddf">Asking a bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone, I have another question that I think I already know the answer to, but I want to make sure. Like many, I had a great core group of friends in high school, and stayed in touch with some, but not others through the last few years. Recently, I've gotten back in touch with one, and can't imagine her not standing up there with us on our big day, but I've already asked my bridal party. Would it be wrong to ask her now? 
    Posted by cookie0803[/QUOTE]

Nope, not wrong at all.  As long as you aren't planning on asking anyone else to step down. 
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_asking-a-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:12b69d51-28d7-469e-994b-f9f02ed33450Post:a29c2a8d-81de-47bc-9920-d7e7f5a228f9">Re: Asking a bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Asking a bridesmaid : Nope, not wrong at all.  As long as you aren't planning on asking anyone else to step down. 
    Posted by bcbrown63[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! I will definitely not be asking anyone to step down.</div>
  • Options
    Or are doing it to replace someone who already has "left" the party...  As long as it's completely genuine, then it's fine!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_asking-a-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:12b69d51-28d7-469e-994b-f9f02ed33450Post:23b57d4b-1c16-4fc6-8ed9-f84098a69336">Re: Asking a bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]Or are doing it to replace someone who already has "left" the party...  As long as it's completely genuine, then it's fine!
    Posted by sydaries[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope, no replacements, no drama. The biggest wedding related "drama" I've had, if you can even call it that, is deciding I don't like the bridesmaid dresses I liked before.</div>
  • Options
    I kind of disagree. I mean, how long ago did you ask the others? If she finds out she was asked 6 months later, she might feel like an add-on (which, in truth, she is).

I recently got back in touch with someone...and I MAY invite her to the wedding. But I wouldn't think to have her in it. Maybe if we didn't have a gap in our friendship. But we do.

I don't know. That's just me, and that's my opinion, so you have a different viewpoint to consider.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards