Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Other message boards

What other message boards do you use? Not necessarily specific, but like yahoo, ivillage? I want to find another board with a regular poster group like this, but not knot/nest/bump.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Other message boards

• Options
    Nothing, the Knot is it.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I only Knot.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    A couple of Twilight and HP boards :)
  • Options
    In the past I hung out at Television Without Pity and Livestrong. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I'm googling message boards and it seems like everything is too specific (I hate when boards are always on topic) or only have a couple posts a day.
  • Options
    anywhere there are people on at the time ;)

The Knot, The Nest, and a couple of old offboards that were created ages and ages ago.
  • Options
    Maybe I'll just make an AE. I want to be able to talk about my problems without them being tied to this SN.
  • Options
    Pretty much the knot.

I have done MS money boards or the lifestyle boards... but I always seem to come back here????

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_other-message-boards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:13f43736-2e42-4152-9c88-9c0ecc035109Post:aeb181a1-1a58-4ebd-9af2-07ebf571f766">Re: Other message boards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I'll just make an AE. I want to be able to talk about my problems without them being tied to this SN.
    Posted by jessjo04[/QUOTE]

I think people are going to give you the same answers either way.
  • Options
    Is this from the WW thing?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    The other one I visit I am pretty sure you would not want to chat on lol!
  • Options
    You talking about the thing tonight on the nest, night? Yeesh, stalker!
    And yes.

I don't want different answers, I want honest answers, but I don't want people from other boards knowing its me.
  • Options
    Why not just talk about what's on your mind here? People are better placed to give advice when they know more about the poster and their circumstances. You can come back with an AE, or go to another knot/nest board with an AE, but without providing the context that comes with getting to know someone and their circumstances, it's going to be hard for you to get advice that is really applicable, IMO.
  • Options
    I read AFSB from time to time and they mentioned the thread, so I read it.  

I sent you PM Jess.
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I used to go on ivillage
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ricks, what other one are you on?!

And jess, what happened on the nest? I missed it...
  • Options
    Great, that freakin post is getting much more attention than I'd want considering people who I assumed like (or at least tolerated) me turned against me.
  • Options
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to make things harder.  Although I have no back story, I thought they were bitches if that helps. 
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    ricksangricksang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2009
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_other-message-boards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:13f43736-2e42-4152-9c88-9c0ecc035109Post:d9e07946-f8fb-4cfd-9f15-87079ae44793">Re: Other message boards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ricks, what other one are you on?! And jess, what happened on the nest? I missed it...
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]

Oh just an adult chat board.

Jess, I def. won't turn against you if you need to talk on here but I can't speak for anyone else :(
  • Options
    I won't turn against you, either, although I think you felt I had when I last offered advice...  I'm sorry if you feeling that you need another sn has anything to do with that.
  • Options
    jessjo04jessjo04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2009
    This is what bothered me, it came out of nowhere-

jessjo, STFU. Shouldn't you be on sex and romance or shape-up challenge, anyways?

• Options
    (the only other board I post on is a cat board. I don't think that you really will want to discuss your problems with a bunch of crazy cat ladies! haha).

Oh, I also use a diary site: www.opendiary.com

It's helpful if you need advice/support, although it does take time to build up your 'friends' list to get any feedback.
  • Options
    WTF did I miss?  I'm nosy and don't like being left out of the loop.

I post on a vew Las Vegas boards and I used to post on Pricescope but those ladies were hosting, like, ten million dollar weddings and I felt totally out of place.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    I have to say, everyone was very supportive the other day when I had a problem and I needed to talk. I hope they do the same for you Jess.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oh jessjo. You're just not very good at this internet thing.  You can't honestly be surprised that the WW girls turned on you, can you?  You've been posting over there lightly for a few months it seems?  They've been a tight knit group for YEARS and thats what they DO.  They find situations to laugh at.   Did you honestly think you were "one of them?"  This happens on AFSB  too and I feel bad for the person but have to wonder why they are surprised.  And of course they're going to use other posts you make on different boards to shape their opinion of you.   Thats just natural.  It isn't like your threads from other boards magically don't exist just because you're on a different one. 

I would just stick to this board, honestly.  Yes, you get sh*t when you deserve it, but there are also a lot of people here who genuinely care about you and your well being.   You can get mad or defensive because you don't like some of the answers, but you can't say that the majority of them don't come from people who care. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    No sun, I didn't feel you turned against me. I guess I learned who not to trust... actually I learned not to vent crap like that. I would probably think the same as most if someone else posted that. It did help me realize that I was overreacting and it helped my relationship with DH and how I interpret what he says. Guess it was good for me in the end.
  • Options
    I saw this post, but didn't read all of it.  I stopped reading midway through. I wouldn't take it personally.
  • Options

Can I have the cat board link, Sun? Wink

• Options
    Maybe I need a crazy dog lady board :) I've been posting on ww for several months now, and I probably wont stop now. I tried to notice how many regs didn't partake in making fun of me. I thought they were too 'cool' to care about other boards. I dunno, I'm not doing too personal stuff on here.
  • Options
    I am sure there is a crazy dog lady board out there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards