Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

New Moon Movie

Was absolutely fantastic!

I know I'm completely biased but for cereal, even my husband enjoyed it (and he's one of those "oh geez, not this crap again" people about all things Twilight) and I am beyond amazed by how good it was, it far exceeded my expectations. The acting was better, the graphics were better and it flowed much more cohesively than the first one did.

There were lots of funnies and some really sad part and I was definitely crying when the credits rolled but really, go see it. It was awesome times a thousand.

Re: New Moon Movie

• Options
    What did you think of Twilight the movie though?
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of Twilight (I've tried, believe me), but judging from the trailer, it does LOOK a lot better. The special effects and camera work are a lot sharper, you can tell.

And Taylor Lautner is SO FINE.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_new-moon-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:144e642f-efcb-4313-a2ae-88d563ad4ab0Post:54e3a00c-fbe2-4ee0-a92a-8c3035468700">Re: New Moon Movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]What did you think of Twilight the movie though?
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

I have to like it because it's Twilight and I'm obsessed, but overall, it was a major disappointment. New Moon was brilliant, though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_new-moon-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:144e642f-efcb-4313-a2ae-88d563ad4ab0Post:b17c9a5c-c73a-4ca6-92a9-a91a034e5caf">Re: New Moon Movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    Taylor Lautner is SO FINE.
    Posted by dreamincitrus[/QUOTE]

He literally had one, maybe two scenes in this movie where he was actually wearing a shirt. I felt like the world's happiest little pedophile :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_new-moon-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:144e642f-efcb-4313-a2ae-88d563ad4ab0Post:ff9bcdd0-90bd-4517-b64e-dc0c2318ab88">Re: New Moon Movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Moon Movie : I have to like it because it's Twilight and I'm obsessed, but overall, it was a major disappointment. New Moon was brilliant, though.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

Ok, good. I love, love the books but then I saw twilight and was so let down. I'm anxious  to see new moon but T got so put off by twilight he doesn't want to go plus, I can't handle the squeeing girls. 
  • Options
    Alix, I knew I could count on you to see the first showing! Can't wait to see it. But it will be a month before we can go due to FI's rehearsal & performance schedule. Stupid play...
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    I'm so glad to hear your review!!

I'm going tonight @ 7!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The only reason I wouldn't want to go this weekend is because of the crazy girl fans. Was it annoying, or was everyone pretty attentive, and not creaming their pants audibly at the sight of shirtless Jacob?
    My friend is going tonight at 8 and invited me, but I am torn.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_new-moon-movie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:144e642f-efcb-4313-a2ae-88d563ad4ab0Post:e11f2341-5895-409b-b65e-fa41d9f8ea94">Re: New Moon Movie</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only reason I wouldn't want to go this weekend is because of the crazy girl fans. Was it annoying, or was everyone pretty attentive, and not creaming their pants audibly at the sight of shirtless Jacob? My friend is going tonight at 8 and invited me, but I am torn.
    Posted by punkyshoester[/QUOTE]

I was in a great theatre of people, not so many teens as I thought there'd be, we were mostly around my age or older. And while there was initially a kind of gasp and oooh that ran through the theartre the first time he took his shirt off and the first time Rob was on screen it was fine after that - there was a lot of laughing, it was fun :)
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2009
    Ok, so if i really enjoyed the books but did not enjoy the Twilight movie and do not like Rob Patz very much I should still enjoy New Moon?
  • Options
    Absolutely!
  • Options
    Plus New Moon is really a Bella-Jake story, the Cullens are literally in it for like ten minutes and then Edward's only there for the first 15 minutes and then the last 15 minutes, the rest is all Bella and Jake.
  • Options
    I so LOVED New Moon.  I was so much better than Twilight.  I went last night at that was the only movie that they showed.  It was on all 13 screens!  There was even some kid who looked exactly like Edward.  I am ready to go see it again.  I am also very ready for June 20 when Eclipse comes out.
  • Options
    I saw it last night as well.  I really, really enjoyed it.

Except for Alice's vision of Bella running through the woods with Edward.  WTF was up with that?  But that was 10 second out of a 2 hour movie.

I think the funniest think was that people seemed SHOCKED by the story line.  Gasping at different scenes.  I doubt anyone who hasn't read the series would wait in line to see the midnight screening...so, there should have been no surprises in the movie!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm going tomorrow with my sister to see it, but I've seen the trailer about 15 times.  I now have to add Taylor to my harem of deliciously stacked underage guys I want to stand around shirtless in my living room.  The boy looks amazing.  I want to roll around on his abs.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    I'm going Sunday, I'm so excited!
  • Options
    When I saw the trailer for this movie on the Scream awards, I just about peed my pants because the effects looked pretty awesome, and that Taylor kid is way too cute for his age.  I must confess it got me to start reading the books, even though the first movie looked like a complete mess.  I'm glad to hear you like this one, I'm going to see it with a bunch of girlfriends and it would suck to waste the money on something bad.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Saw it last night...had a bunch of teenage girls screaming about shirtless Jacob.  Then an annoying guy (who didn't belong there in my opinion) make comments when it was silent (like, "oo they are about to kiss" or "that's ridiculous").  Also, I was also rather annoyed with people complaining about the storyline or the ending.  I thought it was closer to the book than Twilight was, yet people were so shocked by the ending. 

Aside from annoying people, it was great. Can't wait for Eclipse. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards