Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Stephen King

I know some people wanted to see pics and hear about my night so here it is!

AWESOME!!!!

Everyone in the audience was freaking out when they were doing the intro - a list of all of his works, the covers on a big screen, everyone was cheering and clapping when their favourites came up! The audience was sold out so there were a LOT of people there.

Stephen king came out and read a section from his new book Under the Dome, and it was awesome. Its so cool being read the story by the story teller, hearing all of the voices he has given characters and his tone and inflection.

David cronenberg came out and interviewed Stephen King for the next hour, and it was hilarious. Lots of laughing, lots of great things were talked about, he mentioned he has been thinking about Danny Torrence a lot and basically explained the story - his motive was that if he talked about it long enough he wouldnt have to write it. He has also finished (or near finished) a screen play for Cell, he doesnt know if he will get a producer for it or not though.

It was such a fun evening. Unfortunately I was not allowed to take pictures and was warned about it when I tried, there were ushers in the aisles watching for it so rather than get kicked out I only managed to take this one.

Random: Stephen King wears velcro New Balance shoes. David Cronenberg kept staring at me, even my husband got that impression

The End.

Re: Stephen King

• Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2009
    Nebb!!!  So glad your had such a great time!  I'm still jealous though.

Random: Stephen King wears velcro New Balance shoes.

I could totally see this.  Was he also wearing a tee-shirt and jeans?
  • Options
    faded maroon tshirt with a pocket on the chest, jeans, and his new balance shoes! He also had off white socks on. I know this because i was SO FREAKING CLOSE!!!!
  • Options
    I was going to page you this morning to see how it went.

I am so glad that you had a good time. I bet that was awesome. What did he say about Danny Torrence? That's the little Shining boy, right?

How was the restaraunt?
  • Options
    Nebb that is so freaking cool.  I can't get over how close you were! (and PS, where are you hosting pictures?  'cause I can seem them....)

Oh, and Cronenberg was staring at you because you're awesome.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

So happy for you, Nebbulous!

Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    That picture is great, and you're a good story teller yourself :)
  • Options
    Hosting pictures, what do you mean?? What pictures can you see? I loaded that on using the PIP tool. I dont want random pictures of mine being available...

He basically just said hes thinking of Danny and how the things that happened at the Overlook affected him, because things like that leaves scars, and what he is doing with his life now.

The restaurant was really nice, we had a great time, the food was excellent too. My husband had many manhattans while we were there.
  • Options
    Ah, ok, I get it.  I haven't looked at the PIP tool yet, I figured it was the same as on the Nest, clearly not.  Yay for pictures.

What did you guys end up ordering for dinner?

• Options
    We got garlic shrimp and a cesar salad appetizer (SO GOOD), I got the pork robert (so good!!!) my husband got a ny steak (which came with these tiny fries, also so good!), 2 manhattans for him and a stella artois for me. We didnt have dessert because that honestly cost us 100$ and I still wanted to go shopping.
  • Options
    That sound quite yummy. 
  • Options
    It was!! My only issue was that my brussel sprouts could have been cooked another couple of minutes, they were a little hard in the center but otherwise it was great!!

We never go to toronto but we had a really great time, we will probably head up that way more often.
  • Options
    Nah, you only need to go as far as Hamilton (at least in 4 days you'll only need to go that far....)
  • Options
    I didnt realize the new house was in hamilton, thats crazy close! I can almost see you from here.
  • Options
    Ohh Fi wanted to go see the Stephen King thing, I'm glad it was so awesome!
  • Options
    Annnnd, we're on the Mountain, which makes us even more visible.  I'm sure you can see the snow capped peaks from your place.
  • Options
    Good luck with the move Raynes, I was thinking about that yesterday when I was driving downtown.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards