New York-New York City

Places to eat/drink in Central Park and near by

Hi all

I live near England and I'm planning my wedding in Central Park for September 2010.  We'll be getting married at about 2.30pm and not heading for the evening reception until about 5.30pm.  I need ideas to keep our guests (all 8 of them!) entertained/fed/watered during the time my husband and I are having photos taken (approximately 2 hours).  Can anyone recommend any good places for drinks and nibbles in Central Park or close by?

Thank you!

Re: Places to eat/drink in Central Park and near by

• edited December 2011
    Central Park Boathouse has a fabulous outdoor bar area. (it can be very crowded on nice days though)

MIckey Mantle's is a pub on Central Park South, and is a decent spot to casually kill some time.  Or, they could get fancy and go to the Bar in the Pierre Hotel, on CPS and 5th Ave.  In general, if you give them some suggestions and let them go about their way, they will easily spend two hours enjoying the park and surrounding area!  (maybe send them on a carriage ride!!)
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I grew up right near the boathouse, and although I can't think of a specific place at the moment... there is no shortage of things to do or places to go in that area. :)

I will try to think more and let you know if I think of anything, but I wouldn't be too concerned about making "plans" for them.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards