Wedding Etiquette Forum

I know I shouldn't let it peeve me, but...

I'm FB friends with a girl I was friends with in high school... she's pregnant now. Almost every day for the past few weeks, she's been making posts like:

"Who wants to be invited to my baby shower!"

"Trying to figure out a good location to have my shower at... ne one (<---yes! 'ne' instead of 'any'!) know of anywhere?"

"so im looking for baby shower invites...want to make my own only issue is in the 60-70 range its expensive!!! ne help??"

"48 invitations down...lots more to go...man this is exhausting!"

It shocks me because I've always know her to be a polite person.

What's peeving you today?!

Re: I know I shouldn't let it peeve me, but...

• Wow that stinks, I don't know why people do that.

Mine is my cousin is a bridesmaid, I thought it would be great to include her she is 16 (I don't know what I was thinking), I just found out through my grandmother that she and my aunt will not be coming to my wedding because she is in a Spring Musical that night. My cousin is also supposed to sing during the Unity Candle, so I am going to just play the song from my Ipod or something. I just wish they had told me themselves or at least were planning on trying to make the ceremony. Anyways, my feelings are just a little hurt.
  • She's throwing her own shower?

Awesome.  What a classy dame.

I'm peeved by NOTHING because today is my day off and FI and I cleaned the house aggressively yesterday. 
  • I get annoyed when people constantly post stuff like this on FB, too.  I would either just ignore it as best I could or block her if it really gets on your nerves.
  • I'd delete her or block her from my newsfeed.

I forgot to pack a cheese stick today and of course it's the one thing I really want right now. Yell
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I had a similar friend - however, after the shower she came back and said "I know so many of you couldn't come to the shower, but you can send gifts to _________________ (her address)" that was super classy. I just ignored it. Part of etiquette is not pointing out someone else's etiquette faux pas (not that you would), but just roll your eyes and chuckle privately and she'll make herself look like an idiot just fine. 

Nothing is peeving me really today - but I'm in the mood for junk food - lots of it. It's not allowed and it's not fair. 
  • OMG there are so many FB things like that which annoy me to no end. You're not alone.

A lot of things are bugging me today, which in turn bugs me. I think I'm freaking myself out over the BCP I started taking yesterday. Never been on any before.
  • That's annoying. I usually block those people. I'm peeved at the Virginia Employment Commission and my former boss. Because my reasoning for separation from my former employer was "lack of work" and his reasoning, on the form he turned in to them was "termination", I now have to wait until February 8th for a "Fact Finding Investigation". This means that I receive no payments until after that date.

They said that he could send in a correction on his end correcting the reason for separation. I called him, he seemed willing to help me, called them, then texted saying there's nothing he could do to help. This is BS.
  • Earlier I was subjected to an awkward bathroom moment. There I was, minding my own business, when suddenly the chick in the stall next to me (who I thought was just using the toilet), suddenly bursts into tears and says to whoever she is talking to on her cell, "I just can't do it anymore! I just can't....*silence for a few seconds*...You don't understand. I've just wasted to much of my time and I can't do it anymore!"

I'm assuming it was a breakup, but I have no idea. But it was awkward and it annoyed me. Take that crap outside or in the designated phone rooms.
  • MK, that is a huge amount of BS. :(
  • One of my FB friends is driving me crazy.  He started his own internet business (think Etsy) and keeps "inviting" people to talk up his business on their FB page.  He sends invites all the time, saying that "good friends help each other."  Then afterward, he throws these stupid passive-aggressive tantrums on FB about "Don't ask me for help the next time you need something!" etc.

I want to delete him but he's friends with H.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• I'm annoyed that my friend's keep forgetting that I just don't make as much money as they do, so when I say I'd rather walk than take a cab it's not because I'm antisocial, it's because I can't afford to cab it.
  • I get peeved by a lot of things on FB.  Most of those people get deleted or hidden though.  Ha.

My big peeve lately on FB is when people post baby bump pictures when they are about 2 months into their pregnancy.  You aren't showing yet, so you are just posting pics of your stomach.  Ugh.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shouldnt-let-peeve-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:16fc08b2-0249-472a-858f-ce657510cb9cPost:37e5559b-d61a-4f08-9a2d-d707fbd902b7">Re: I know I shouldn't let it peeve me, but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get annoyed when people constantly post stuff like this on FB, too.  I would either just ignore it as best I could or block her if it really gets on your nerves.
    Posted by rebarobert2012[/QUOTE]

I generally ignore her. But now I finally just hid her from my newsfeed.
  • Sesh that's...akward.

• Where's cindyn posting now?
  • And OMG, I'm about to go apeshit on this guy who keeps calling my office.  He is trying to get baptized and confirmed, but his present pastor told him that he doesn't feel that he's ready, that he needs another few months of RCIA classes.  He has called my office THREE TIMES today, to ask to talk to my boss, who is sick and not accepting calls.  And he left a message on my boss's voicemail.  He's not even one of our parishioners, I have no idea what he thinks we can do about it.

• The toilets are super loud in the bathroom too, and various people flushed like 4 or 5 times while I was in there.

Assuming it was a breakup - can you imagine having that conversation amidst the sound of flushing toilets? I mean, it's kind of fitting, but so ridiculous (for ANY conversation).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shouldnt-let-peeve-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:16fc08b2-0249-472a-858f-ce657510cb9cPost:29b24d71-730b-42ac-9055-2a481fa6e2be">Re: I know I shouldn't let it peeve me, but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get peeved by a lot of things on FB.  Most of those people get deleted or hidden though.  Ha. My big peeve lately on FB is when people post baby bump pictures when they are about 2 months into their pregnancy.  You aren't showing yet, so you are just posting pics of your stomach.  Ugh.
    Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]
    I'm barely showing and I'm 5 months pregnant.   I'd delete these people too.

I'm a quick deleter.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• YES, Eagles.  Tastefully Simple, Celebrating Home...any of those.  No offense but I'm really too poor to keep going to these parties.  And I don't care if I'm told "Oh, no pressure"...of COURSE there's going to be pressure, it's a catered sales pitch.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shouldnt-let-peeve-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:16fc08b2-0249-472a-858f-ce657510cb9cPost:61759ea6-5c61-4971-af3b-0847bbfef1d7">Re: I know I shouldn't let it peeve me, but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why are you freaking out, Midge?
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

I'm just being irrationally paranoid that the hormones are messing with me and I've taken one. It's completely irrational.

TMI question...aren't your periods supposed to be lighter on BCP?
  • It takes all kinds.

MK, I am sad for you that is just pure and utter BS!

Midge, what is freaking you out about your new BC?

My peeve is my new bra!  Ugh.  It is biting me, pinching me, digging into my shoulders, you name it, it is doing it.  Crap, full coverage/support is so underrated!

• My biggest fb peeve is posts that should be text messages.  H's cousin is the worst offender. 
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Midge it should get lighter, I know mine did after about a month or so.
  • Midge, different pills affect everyone differently.

I'm peeved that it's still winter.
  • Anna, so now would be a bad time to tell you we were hanging out at the pool on Saturday?  It was cold last night though.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Yes, Adamar. It would. I want to move back to Florida soooooo badly.
  • Thanks ladies, I feel like an idiot but it's just new to me. Embarassed

I am also peeved it's still winter but I wish it would just be cold for winter instead of this warm-cold-warm-cold shenanigans. I am still sick and I know it's partly because of the weather.
  • Ski I only wear sports bras because wearing regular bras irritate me so much.  

Cindy peeved me too and I was so glad Chrmn and Habs said something. Nothing about what she said was helpful at all to the OP and I don't understand how diluted you must be to think that it would be. 

I'm peeved that I spent the last month watching LOST (no spoilers, please) and so many things are yet to be explained and are really bothering me.  Plus, my favorite characters are dropping like flies. 
  • I'm quite alright with the winter here so far. It's been pleasant.

Midge mine got lighter after a couple months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards